Talk

Advanced search

Bruges

(9 Posts)
poorbuthappy Thu 11-Jun-15 19:28:12

Managed to wrangle 4 days without kids at the end of July. We are staying right in the centre.
Anyone got any specific restaurant/bar recommendations?

hollyisalovelyname Sun 26-Jul-15 17:18:18

Bump

FuzzyWizard Sun 26-Jul-15 19:47:54

It's difficult to eat badly there we found (although we were told to avoid the place on the main square with the really inviting looking fire). Had an enjoyable dinner for a reasonable price at a place called Poules Moules- I had fillet steak with blue cheese sauce! I'd also recommend the awesome hot chocolate at the old chocolate house.

hollyisalovelyname Mon 27-Jul-15 10:46:38

Any hotel recommendation please.

mrsdavidbowie Mon 27-Jul-15 10:48:23

There is a nice Greek restaurant off the main square..can't recall the name.
Archduke hotel is fab

Bunbaker Mon 27-Jul-15 10:49:57

We went there nearly 20 years ago and absolutely loved it. We never had a bad meal. I can't recommend anywhere to eat specifically, but sites like Trip Advisor are your friend. Bruges is so pretty, and full of chocolate shops grin

Iggi999 Mon 27-Jul-15 10:51:01

Don't drink the Kwak wink

bookgirl1982 Mon 27-Jul-15 10:55:28

We stayed at the Hotel Fevery earlier this year and it was fab. About 15mins walk to the centre along the canals. Lovely clean rooms (quite basic but comfy beds and good shower). Nice breakfast. Owner so helpful and spoke perfect English. Local restaurants nearby very good. Parking in their garage round the corner which is a big plus. Can't recommend it enough.

FuzzyWizard Mon 27-Jul-15 11:17:02

We stayed at the Casselbergh this December. It was really great! It was centrally located and really felt like a treat (l'occitaine toiletries, amazing breakfast etc). It was really good value too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now