Talk

Advanced search

Port Aventura - worth it with a 3.5yo and an 11mo?

(10 Posts)
Goatcoat Wed 10-Jun-15 10:53:06

Title says it all really... Not sure if it would be a waste while the dc are so little....

Goatcoat Wed 10-Jun-15 17:07:20

Bump

westcountrywoman Wed 10-Jun-15 17:22:34

I'd say no. Unless it's changed a lot in the 5 or so years since I went there, it's very much geared to older kids and adults. Queuing in the heat wasn't much fun either for the little kiddies we saw.
Could you check their website to see the height restrictions of the rides?

KanyesVest Wed 10-Jun-15 17:31:34

No no nooooo! That would be hellish

tabulahrasa Wed 10-Jun-15 17:37:28

Depends if you're going to be nearby anyway or going specially to go there.

If you're nearby anyway I'd get tickets and go in the afternoon/evening when it's not as hot, for the entertainment side of it, there isn't much for a 3.5 yr old, but some things are suitable...an 11 month old won't really care where they are anyway.

I wouldn't go there specially on holiday though at that age.

Goatcoat Wed 10-Jun-15 20:10:39

We'll be staying 10 mins away and totally forgot it was there so just wondered if we should factor it in to our plans. Will stick to beach and pool as planned!!

tabulahrasa Wed 10-Jun-15 20:17:59

DD was about 3 when I went and it was good for the shows and parades and themed food...so worth considering if you see what I mean, we went for dinner a few nights and stayed after that it wasn't as busy then and not too hot.

Goatcoat Thu 11-Jun-15 12:01:56

Well the forecast for next week when we go isn't great so we might need to be doing more than lazing about!!

sunseeker66 Fri 12-Jun-15 09:44:50

Sesame street land is brilliant for little ones, and all the shows.

If you can get cheap tickets it is worth it. Go in the evening if you can. I always ignore the forecast for Salou, if it says rain it is normally just a shower and it clears up beautifully.

I have been taking my two to portaventura since they were babies, but we stay in the theme park hotels so we get access anyway.

I love the atmosphere in the park, I feel happy just being in there lol

IsabellaofFrance Sun 14-Jun-15 14:36:49

We stayed in the hotel portaventura a few years ago. In the day it was hell - so busy and really not nice for anyone. The evenings were much better, cooler and calmer. DS2 adored the fountain show and DD loved dancing with Betty Boop.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now