Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone been to CP in Holland?

(9 Posts)
Golfhotelromeofoxtrot Tue 09-Jun-15 15:35:39

Second attempt!

I'm considering it for May half term next year. Parc recommendations, please!

redastra Tue 09-Jun-15 23:40:40

Hi GolfHotel, we went to Landal Green Park near Eindhoven last Summer (2014).

http://www.landal.com/gb-en/holiday-park/the-netherlands/brabant/het-vennenbos

Absolutely loved it, lovely swimming pools.restaurants were good! And the park itself was lovely. Thinking about going back next year.

Heading off to bed as got an early start tomorrow, but if you have any questions let me know and I will try to answer them!!

thereinmadnesslies Wed 10-Jun-15 00:32:32

We went to de kempervennen at Easter. It was great, especially the skiing.

Wittynewnameifonly Wed 10-Jun-15 00:53:06

Not yet but booked in late August at de kempervennan. There is a good thread about European centre parcs somewhere in short haul which was active a couple of months ago.

Golfhotelromeofoxtrot Wed 10-Jun-15 06:51:23

Thanks so much red would you say it was similar in set up to UK centre Parcs? As in, pool open all day, lots of outdoor play parcs, lake to sit beside etc? I'm taking my (will be) three year old, so really into playing but not the big activities.

Was it an easy journey? I will be solo plus one year old and three year old.

madness is it real snow? Excuse my ignorance, I can only get onto the mobile CP site and cannot make sense of any of their information on the Dutch bit.

witty I did have a skim and tried to search for something as I know it always gets recommended on here, couldn't find anything. Do you remember the title?

CountingToThree Wed 10-Jun-15 07:09:44

We went to het meerdal last year with 5 and 3 yr old. Was really good - kids enjoyed swimming pools and playparks. Also has Toverland down the road where you can get a week long pass. Has lots of rides and activities your 3 yr old will enjoy.

choirmumoftwo Wed 10-Jun-15 17:58:45

Hi Golf, we went to De Kempervenen twice when our children were smaller and had a fabulous time on both occasions. It used to be significantly cheaper than CP here, and children ate free, but then I think they realised why the Brits were going there and now it's more on a par with prices here. Having said that, we liked the atmosphere in the Netherlands parc better. And yes, it is real snow - it's created on site. Our kids loved it!

Golfhotelromeofoxtrot Wed 10-Jun-15 18:19:05

Oh choir I'm sold!

What was the travel like? I've seen Stena do a deal, is that the best way?

choirmumoftwo Wed 10-Jun-15 21:51:25

We live in the north east so we did the Newcastle to Amsterdam crossing and I think we booked it in conjunction with the accommodation on the CP website. It was a while ago though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now