Talk

Advanced search

Paris - romantic hotel recommendation, not massive budget

(4 Posts)
Chewbecca Sun 07-Jun-15 21:15:03

DSS is taking his girlfriend to Paris to propose!

Any hotel recommendations welcomed. Neither have ever been to Paris before so they'll be looking to do the classic sights.

mrswolf Wed 10-Jun-15 21:35:54

This hotel is probably too much but gorgeous. On a square with a fountainwhich is lit at night and close to Parc Luxembourg which is beautiful to sit and people watch. On the corner of the square is a really good patisserie. Next to St Germain, so a lovely area to wander through. More expensive square facing rooms have a view of the Eiffel Tower from the balcony which is lit at night. I think it would be perfect for a proposal. Lovely part of Paris.

Lunastarfish Wed 10-Jun-15 21:40:14

I stayed at the Mercure Montmarte - it is in a slightly sleazy part of town (sex shops close by) the area is akin to Soho but it was right round the corner from the Moulin Rouge, walking distance from the eurostar, close to the metro and restaurants and the rooms were very modern and huge. You could have slept 4 people in our bed!

Chewbecca Thu 11-Jun-15 18:11:23

Thanks both.

mrswolf that looks beautiful but you are right, it is too many €€ for them.

luna I'm very wary of the close to sleazy idea. DiL to be is American & I can't imagine her being good with sleazy areas.

They're still looking if any more suggestions are forthcoming!

Thanks again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now