Talk

Advanced search

Where should we go on holiday?

(7 Posts)
TigTrager Sun 07-Jun-15 20:13:37

Looking for a recommendation for a summer holiday. We want a relatively short flight. All inclusive. Plenty to occupy our 7 year old, but nothing too "full on". I fear the holiday villager type places would be a bit much. Near the beach, nice pool and nice food. I have looked at so many places I have completely confused myself. Can anyone tell me about the lovely places you have been?

highlystrung Mon 08-Jun-15 16:05:49

I'm in the same boat. Can't find anything - considering giving up entirely!!!

sliceofkate Mon 08-Jun-15 21:32:25

We've just booked a week in ibiza, stay away from the club scene (just not my thing!) and its a truly beautiful island. we've got AI and have a 5yr old and 2yr old and have booked a week at the end of Aug. for £1800. bargain! smile

TigTrager Tue 09-Jun-15 08:04:29

Ibiza sounds lovely and I've heard so many people saying its a beautiful island if you just avoid the clubby parts.

Do you mind me asking where you are staying, Kate?

wigglesrock Tue 09-Jun-15 13:17:14

I've stayed in Cala Llenya, Es Cana and Santa Eulalia in Ibiza. All been great - have stayed in Santa Eulalia about four times.

MaryR125 Mon 15-Jun-15 16:39:47

Sorry if Im a bit late with this but I can highly recommend Puerto Pollensa in Majorca. Its a couple of hours for a flight from the UK, about 45 minutes for the transfer and is a lovely family friendly resort. Its got a 'pine walk' along the beach with bars and restaurants lining it, a lovely big square surrounded by restaurants and cafes, the old town is nearby, the beach is lovely and spacious as it runs the length of the resort and I can't fault it. Its clean and the locals, shop owners and restaurant staff are all friendly and great with kids. You can get buses and get to other resorts in 15 to 30 minutes if you want to explore. We have been 3 times, most recently in the last school holiday with our 5 and 10 year old boys. They love it and we do - I cant find anywhere that matches it. I stay in Villa Concha (self catering suits us best as we like to walk out to eat in the evening - fabulous pools, good kids club, small and friendly) which might not suit your all inclusive requirements, but Im sure you'd find somewhere that does that. Good luck in finding what you want.

SoOverItNow Mon 15-Jun-15 16:44:57

I cross posted MaryR125! I started a thread asking about this resort before I saw this.

Can you tell me about kids club at the villa concha please. We are looking at staying here next year.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now