Talk

Advanced search

Tell me where to go on holiday - Please!!!

(8 Posts)
highlystrung Sun 07-Jun-15 16:22:25

We are desperate. We've left it really late and hours of googling are getting us nowhere fast. We are a family of 5 - kids age 10,8 and 5. One very sporty - loves tennis and football, and two girls who want a beach and a pool. Me and husband want to relax but not feel like we are on a Sun holiday abroad. If we were on our own we'd probably go to Italy, butn not sure it's beachy enough for the kids. We have a budget of £5k - -£7k and want to go in august. We have considered: France, Portugal, Italy, Spain, Greek islands, even Barbados (cheaper because rainy season) but we can't find anything. Can anyone recommend anything marvellous. We've only done driving holidays with the kids before and want it to be good, but I'm wondering if we're trying to tick too many boxes and that's why we can't find anything. Any advice very welcome - where would you go, where do you love ....

Heels99 Sun 07-Jun-15 16:24:33

Mauritius, plenty of hotels have tennis and you will not feel you are on a sun holiday. Check out maritim hotel its lovely

highlystrung Sun 07-Jun-15 16:26:57

Thanks. Have nothing against Sun Holidays. Have been on a few in my time. Is Mauritius good in August? Never considered it as thought would be too expensive.

HermioneWeasley Sun 07-Jun-15 16:33:21

Try club med - we went to one in Portugal and it was fab

TheOriginalWinkly Sun 07-Jun-15 16:39:14

This looks perfect and it's in your budget

Rivercam Sun 07-Jun-15 16:42:12

Mark Warner holidays

Center Parcs in Europe

PGL holidays abroad

Lizzylou Sun 07-Jun-15 16:46:13

Neilson are fab, Greece and Turkey.
Lots to do, great for dc and food is fab.

Heels99 Sun 07-Jun-15 17:37:32

I do love Neilsons but the beachesare never very good

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now