Talk

Advanced search

Is there a good waterpark holiday resort in the Canaries?

(19 Posts)
chancer2014 Sun 07-Jun-15 10:28:58

Looking to go October half-term

rookiemere Sun 07-Jun-15 11:34:31

Hi, Tenerife has a fabulous water park called Siam Park. It isn't a holiday resort, but you can book through some companies to get unlimited access during your stay and they usually have free buses going to and from it

chancer2014 Sun 07-Jun-15 12:25:52

Thanks Rookie. Will check that out

Madbengalmum Sun 07-Jun-15 21:38:33

Yes,was also going to say Siam park, and you can stay reletively nearby.

SecretSquirrels Sun 07-Jun-15 21:54:29

Not sure it's water park weather in October / November as we have only been in summer but Siam Park is truly fantastic, we have been several times.
Close to Costa Adeje which has lots of decent hotels. Some do a package which includes entrance to Siam Park.
Have a look at it on YouTube.

Madbengalmum Sun 07-Jun-15 21:56:03

It will be fine in october, tenerife is mainly a winter sun destination.

chancer2014 Tue 09-Jun-15 05:57:11

Thanks for all your replies. My only concern is that Tenerife has black sand. I want golden sand really.

shinysparklythings Tue 09-Jun-15 06:08:38

Came on to say Siam park! We stated in coste adeje and got the free bus to the water park.

mamabluestar Tue 09-Jun-15 08:56:40

we have just come back from Lanzasur which is in Lanzarote. Evening entertainment is a but dull but cant fault the waterpark, location or resort. Would definitely go back with DC (7&4)

rookiemere Tue 09-Jun-15 16:00:06

Hi OP, there is golden sand at Costa Adeje - proof www.thomson.co.uk/destinations/attraction/Costa-Adeje/Strike-a-pose-on-Playa-Del-Duque-985506
and holidays that include Siam Park access www.jet2holidays.com/experience-more/siam-park

We go in October half term and DH and DS usually have one if not more than one trip to Siam park, weather is generally perfect.

FortyFacedFuckers Tue 09-Jun-15 16:08:24

I once went to playa taurito in gran canaria it was great although it was a few years ago I went it's worth a look.

SecretSquirrels Tue 09-Jun-15 19:26:24

We are going back to Tenerife this summer mainly because it's the best water park we have been to. Probably not as good as USA but we don't go long haul.
We are staying in Costa Adeje. To be fair the beaches at Tenerife are not great, though not all black sand they are often man made. If beach was my priority I would go to Fuerteventura without a doubt, but with older teenagers the beach is not top of the list and the water park there is poor (or it was a few years ago).

It's frustrating booking holidays because there never seems to be a place that ticks all the boxes.

chancer2014 Mon 15-Jun-15 07:11:26

Thanks for all your replies. Am wondering if Los Cristianos is a possibility. From the pics it looks quite nice and might be then possible to do the waterpark visit on a couple of days

Madbengalmum Sun 21-Jun-15 15:45:16

Not half as nice as costa adeje though OP

Hoolit Fri 24-Jul-15 22:54:02

We have just spent the day at siam park and it was as fab as the reviews say it is we are planning a beach day tom at las vistas which is between los christianos and las americas in tenerife and it has golden sand, we. Walked down onenight and it looks lovely. To be honest tenerife has been fabulous and its our first visit.

Hoolit Fri 24-Jul-15 22:57:34

We are in los christianos staying at prime select alisios, its fab. Hotel apartments are very clean, staff v friendly and helpful and location great ie10 mins one way you have main christianos night life and beach and five mns other way fab restaurant and bars. The hotel has a few english guests but mainly french and is not overly busy, its fully booked but you would not know it.
we are ai and the food is lovely with plenty choice.

ChampagneShowers Sat 25-Jul-15 20:26:48

Are there super thrilling slides for a five year old? He isn't 1.2m, I know that's a height restriction on lots of better rides/slides in general - he is a real dare-devil and the tamer slides aimed at his age aren't enough - would hate to go all this way and he not be allowed on the good rides.

Hoolit Sat 25-Jul-15 21:23:51

I did see a younger child's area and itdef had what looked like proper slides but most of them were hidden so hard to tell how long or thrilling they were but I think he would enjoy the beach and the waves and the lazy river which has a side part you can go down which is quite thrilling.

ChampagneShowers Sun 26-Jul-15 01:00:01

thanks, Hoolit. He's a total adrenaline-junkie, and will get v disappointed if he can't go on the good rides/slides. Our local pool has a wave-machine and a lazy river, so these aren't a novelty for him - am really after some thrilling slides.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now