Talk

Advanced search

Apartment or room with lovely view from balcony or terrace for romantic break?

(4 Posts)
Lovage Fri 05-Jun-15 11:04:02

OMG, it will be our 25 years anniversay in 2017! We are hoping to get away together without DC for 5 or 6 days in May half-term. Budget is probably less than £1000 all in and we don't want to spend ages getting there, so shorthaul. Self-catering or at least some scope for preparing your own food in the room. Not too hot, so probably not Andalucia or similar. We don't want to hire a car, so somewhere with shops and cafes within walking distance. A balcony with a lovely view is absolutely essential (attractive townscape counts as a view, not just mountains or sea, although those are also lovely). Seaside would be good and walks.

On the short list so far:
Cinque Terra (the view and balcony looks amazing but the apartment is a bit boring and shiny for my taste - I'd prefer something quirkier and less stylish! www.homeaway.co.uk/p1559593#summary)
Siena (although I've been before)
Florence
Rome (although DC would never forgive us because they want to go there)
Other bits of Italy that I haven't thought of yet
Cassis
Coulioure (?sp - the one near the French/Spanish border)
Barcelona
Other northern Spanish places not yet identified.

Anyone know any lovely apartments in attractive towns or cities with balconies or terraces with really beautiful views?

controlaltdlete Sat 06-Jun-15 16:44:06

Anywhere on the Amalfi coast.

LIZS Sat 06-Jun-15 16:49:56

Italian lakes esp Como and Maggiore, European alpine resorts although weather might be unpredictable

makemineapinot Sat 06-Jun-15 21:53:54

We went to
Kos town in the Easter hi days and it was fantastic! Loads of gorgeous apartments and hotel rooms and weather in April was lovely so even better in May. We flew Easyjet and booked hotels through booking.com. Best views in Kos town are from the penthouse apartment in the Alexandra Hotel which has a 360 degree balcony.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now