Talk

Advanced search

Where have you been on holiday that had a heated pool?

(18 Posts)
LooksLikeImStuckHere Sun 31-May-15 11:57:15

Fancy posh villas aside grin

Looking to go in May 2016, don't have masses to spend but really don't see the point in going away and having an unusable pool.

We need accommodation with 2 bedrooms, near to some stuff to do. Not really fussed where but would rather not do Turkey.

Budget is probably maximum £1300-£1500 but would rather it was around £1000.

Any recommendations gratefully received.

Onykahonie Sun 31-May-15 19:26:23

School holidays or not?

LooksLikeImStuckHere Sun 31-May-15 19:47:41

Looking for last two weeks of May. I'll be on mat leave and this is the last time we'll ever be able to go outside of term time as DS starts school next Sep and I'm a teacher!

Onykahonie Sun 31-May-15 20:04:21

Not sure on the price at that time of year, but my parents have recommended the Sands Beach Resort, Costa Teguise, Lanzarote. Several of my friends have been since and all enjoyed it...too expensive for us in school holidays (TA here!) though. If you can get cheap flights, it might well be in your price range?

LooksLikeImStuckHere Sun 31-May-15 20:31:14

Fab, will take a look! Thanks!

Heels99 Mon 01-Jun-15 18:42:34

Sheraton fuerteventura, fab pool complex, kids one day stayed in the heated pool for 7 hours! Not much else to do nearby though

LooksLikeImStuckHere Mon 01-Jun-15 18:47:52

Thank you both. Would love to go to the Sands Beach Resort but def out of our budget. It looks amazing, maybe one day!

Will check out the Sheraton.

Have found some villas but they only use electric heating which apparently is pants. One stops bothering to heat on 1st May so will prob be cold.

Onykahonie Tue 02-Jun-15 14:46:50

We did have a very cheap holiday in Albufeira, but not sure if I can really recommend it, as it was in a bit of a dodgy area! Any it had a heated pool, which is why we went there ink{http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g189112-d264248-Reviews-Choromar_Apartments-Albufeira_Faro_District_Algarve.html\www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g189112-d264248-Reviews-Choromar_Apartments-Albufeira_Faro_District_Algarve.htm]]l}

Onykahonie Tue 02-Jun-15 14:48:20

Not sure what happened to that link! Choromar

Costacoffeeplease Tue 02-Jun-15 15:06:06

Monte Dourado in Carvoeiro has five pools, one heated

LooksLikeImStuckHere Tue 02-Jun-15 23:13:21

Thank you, will check them all out, starting to struggle with our budget!

macnab Wed 03-Jun-15 14:05:14

We've stayed here which has a heated pool but we were there in July so didn't need it! They have family suites which is basically two (big) bedrooms with a hall between them, super for families. We booked direct with the hotel, I'm not sure you can get a family suite on places like alpharooms etc.

We've also stayed here and here Both of these have heated pools but I think might be over budget (fab though!)

Onykahonie Thu 04-Jun-15 16:51:21

Just a thought, but if you're going in late May, unheated pools in Greece would generally be warm enough to swim in...the further south, the warmer!

LooksLikeImStuckHere Thu 04-Jun-15 23:21:51

Thank you!

Branleuse Fri 12-Jun-15 10:17:19

We just came back from a eurocamp in south france (argeles - le soliel) and the pool was amazing and heated, but thats a caravan holiday, so might not be what youre after

IslandIsla Fri 12-Jun-15 14:10:13

Ocean villas in Praia da Luz (starvilla.com)
Lovely heated pool. Just spent May half term there and likely will go back that time of year in the future!

hillbilly Fri 12-Jun-15 14:23:41

Les Valades - it's a campsite but they have chalets too. I have only ever been in summer but the pool is heated and it's a great place. Not sure that is quite what you are looking for though!

LooksLikeImStuckHere Fri 12-Jun-15 18:19:10

Open to all suggestion! Thank you smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now