Talk

Advanced search

DLP with DD(5) - hints and tips

(3 Posts)
vinoandbrie Mon 25-May-15 18:52:03

I'm keen to take DD1 to DLP this summer hols, she's five.

We'd stay for two nights, and I'd really appreciate any hints or tips as to how to make the most of it. We've never done anything Disney before, and there seems to be an awful lot of help out there, it is just a bit overwhelming knowing where and how to start wading through it.

I'm thinking to go by Eurostar (we are in the NW though, so given only two nights, is it better to fly, how easy is it to get from airport to DLP?) Also thinking the Disneyland Hotel looks good. But expensive.

As for what to do all day both days, like I say, bit of a loss as to where to even begin. I think we definitely need quite a tight plan though, to ensure we make the most of the short amount of time we have. She loves Frozen, and the parade in the evening sounds magical / a must see.

Many thanks for any words of wisdom or advice. I'd love to make it a very special treat for her. I'm reading all the DLP threads I can find on MN and elsewhere smile

turdfairynomore Mon 25-May-15 19:03:38

Airport to hotel is easy. There are great big buses that wait outside and you pay as you get on. Same in reverse. I've only ever stated in the nearby hotels-it was nice bug you don't get early entry. Disneyland hotel is pricey. A friend was there at same time as us one year and she stayed in hotel New York which she loved.

noramum Tue 26-May-15 21:46:33

The hotels offer you the two extra hours in the morning which we found great. But not all rides are open but we did some several times.

We could also check in on the train, drop the luggage at the train station and go straight to the park and didn't have to worry.

July/August is high season in France. I was astonished how busy it is on a weekend in June, so I would try to avoid this unless really nothing else works.

Take lots of drinks and snacks, they are very expensive. We took 12 bottles of water for 2 1/2 days plus lots of dry snacks and fruit so we only had to buy main meals. Set yourself a budget for gifts. The dress up costumes are gorgeous but they cost around €60. We gave DD a set sum plus she saved her pocket money and we added one gift as an extra treat as a surprise as she behaved beautifully.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now