Talk

Advanced search

Best time to book Venice?

(7 Posts)
Llbarls81 Wed 13-May-15 17:45:48

We want to book 4 days in Venice in May 2015. Do we book as far in advance as possible or is it cheaper to book nearer the time?

Notsoskinnyminny Sat 16-May-15 15:17:40

I presume you mean May 2016 and not this month. If you know your dates I'd book as soon as flights are available. For hotels I always book through a site that allows free cancellation in case I find a better offer nearer the time although the one we went to this year was in a great, central, location so we'd probably stay there again.

justjuanmorebeer Sat 16-May-15 17:21:18

I was just about to start my own Venice thread. I really hope you don't mind but I am going at the end of this month and we have spent 2 weeks being completely messed around by people on airbnb so as yet have nowhere to stay.
Does anyone reading this have any recs on affordable places to stay for two friends travelling together.
Thanks. and sorry op thanks

rookiemere Sat 16-May-15 17:24:28

Where did you stay notsoskinny ? I have booked a hotel through booking.com but it's cancellable until a few days before we go, in case something better comes up.

thelittlebooktroll Sat 16-May-15 17:24:34

We went to Venice a few weeks ago. Booked cheap Flights. Ryanair flying into Treviso airport and rented a beautiful apartment in the centre of Venice which we found searching on Trip Advisor. We are a family of 5. Love Venice!

Notsoskinnyminny Sat 16-May-15 18:08:49

we stayed here at new year. Less than 2 minutes from the alilaguna stop with no bridges and 5 minutes from St Marks Square via all the designer shops. The only criticism is the walls were paperthin but we might've been unlucky because others we spoke to didn't have any problems.

We've also stayed here slightly further from the other side of St Marks Square and close to Via Garibaldi where the locals eat so very cheap. It was already booked up otherwise me probably would've stayed there again.

Notsoskinnyminny Sat 16-May-15 18:11:17

They're the hotels at the top of each linked page

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now