Talk

Advanced search

Short Break Europe no children!

(3 Posts)
chocolatemonster Tue 28-Apr-15 15:03:04

DP is 50 next year so I would like to book something and start saving!

Will be September so want somewhere warm. Probably for 4 or 5 days. Ideally with a lovely beach as it woulld be nice to do some relaxing as our lives are busy. However neither of us are good at sitting still for long periods and we do like a bit of culture, people watching as well. I think a city break wouldn't be relaxing enough.

We love good food and wine so that's important too. A lovely hotel, not budget was want to spoil him.

Any suggestions or recommendations?

Allinafankle Tue 28-Apr-15 17:43:39

Lisbon. I know you say not a city break but it is a very relaxed and lovely place, close to beaches and the beautiful town of Sintra. There are some lovely hotels and of course good food and drink. We had a wonderful honeymoon there in November 2011 and are planning a return trip soon.

massistar Mon 11-May-15 16:29:20

Venice? Very very special and you can stay in Lido di Venezia if you want some beach time. September also has the Regata Storica with all the boats out in the lagoon which is amazing to see.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now