Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone been to Martinhal (Portugal) recently?

(3 Posts)
StepfauxWife Sun 26-Apr-15 13:17:37

We are off soon and CAN'T WAIT! Just getting things sorted and had a few questions:

1. Transfers seem super expensive - 124 Euro each way! Does anyone know if it's cheaper to get a taxi from the airport or organise transfers separately? If so, any recommendations please?

2. What do we really need to take for our 2 year old DD? I get the impression that most things are included so don't want to pack unnecessarily but equally don't want to forget anything too!

Thanks in advance.

PurpleAlert Sun 03-May-15 19:05:14

If you are going for a week or more surely hiring a car would be cheaper? I travel to the Algarve regularly and use a local car hire company called Zitauto. You tell them when you want the car and which sort- they give you a price then you turn up on the day with a wadge of cash and off you go- no credit card details taken and full comp insurance is included.

Martinhaal is quite a way down the Algarve so unless you intend just to stay in the resort(which is fab by the way and a lovely beach) a car would be useful if the weather is not great and you want to do a bit of exploring.

Have a lovely time- Portugal is great!

PurpleAlert Sun 03-May-15 19:14:32

Or I can recommend Suntransfers seems cheaper- 194 euro return? (Quote was to Sagres as Martinhal not on the list but Sagres is just down the road)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now