Talk

Advanced search

Puy de Fou- booking food?

(12 Posts)
DeloresDeSyn Sun 29-Mar-15 20:54:48

We are going this summer for the day, I think I'm more excited than the kids! I've been trying to book online and it offers me the option to book food I think ( it's in French), has anyone done this? Is it a good idea? Is that even what it says?! Can you take food in or is it like Disneyland?
Not sure whether to lug sandwiches for us all or risk it...

DeloresDeSyn Mon 30-Mar-15 08:16:57

Bump

bigTillyMint Mon 30-Mar-15 08:23:01

We went years ago and it was fantastic!

We didn't book food - just took a load of sandwiches, etc. The reason they may be offering to book food is perhaps because of the French obsession with eating a big sit-down meal at midi - all the places will be rammed!

AgentProvocateur Mon 30-Mar-15 08:35:20

We went years ago. It was fab. We took baguettes and cheese in with us - there were plenty of picnic area with tables.

hawthornknitter Tue 31-Mar-15 00:16:51

We went last year and brought baguettes, cheese, nutella etc. Plenty of places to eat and a lot of the shows you need to be in them early so we used to eat while we were waiting. Just bought ice-cream there. Great day, bring sun-hats, lots of sitting around and it got very very hot in the later afternoon.

DeloresDeSyn Tue 31-Mar-15 17:34:29

Brilliant! Thanks everyone, I was hoping sandwiches would be ok.

Chewbecca Sat 04-Apr-15 21:52:30

The restaurants do get fully booked so don't turn up with no food and no booking hoping to get into the restaurants!

One evening we ended up driving into town and got a pizza. It was a very good pizza mind, and they sold bottles of wine too.

Have fun, it's a great, if bizarre place!

(And yes, plenty of sunscreen essential)

DeloresDeSyn Tue 23-Jun-15 15:18:40

Thanks Chewbacca, we aren't staying the night (wish we were!). We plan to load up with sandwiches and snacks and fingers crossed the weather will be nice enough to eat outside.
Very excited to be going!

makemineapinot Tue 23-Jun-15 23:06:39

We took a picnic too' there's a fab restaurant nearby which used to be a wee train station. Can't remember the name now but it came highly recommended on here! Highlight of the day when we were having dinner there and the lion tamers from the Roman Coliseum came in for theirs!!!

Cherryblossom11 Tue 23-Jun-15 23:11:16

It's fantastic!- you'll have a great day. We went a few years ago now, but pretty sure we picnic'd and snacked, there are picnic benches around the place.

Btw, If it's a warm day, sun cream and sun hats are 100% essential! Enjoy��

Milliways Sun 28-Jun-15 08:50:47

We took the kids for a day trip years ago and this year just DH & I are going to France so have a 2 day pass and get to see the night show for the first time. I'm o excited !

IAmAPaleontologist Sun 28-Jun-15 09:06:18

we took a picnic when we went too. brilliant place, loved it. i really want to go again and spend the night to see the evening show.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now