Talk

Advanced search

Fuertaventura

(16 Posts)
JollyFrog Sat 14-Feb-15 23:49:51

Thinking about Fuertaventura (sp?) at easter.
any tips?? Not been before but have done the other canary islands.

DameEdnasBridesmaid Sun 15-Feb-15 20:19:03

Correlejo is lovely, old town, harbour, good restaurants and shops, lovely beach. It's our favourite.

Caleta de Fuste is also nice, newer builds, fab harbour area.

Feurteventura is my fave canary island. DH prefers Gran Caneria.

SecretSquirrels Mon 16-Feb-15 15:56:40

We have been a few times. Last time was in July with DC aged 11/13 and we stayed at the Oliva beach.
It was a lovely hotel in a stunning location on the best beach I have ever seen.
Boy was it windy though. I shivered on the beach in July so don't know what it would be like at Easter. (Having said that I've been to all the Canary Islands and the weather is warm at Easter but not hot and the water is brrrrr).

slippermaiden Mon 16-Feb-15 16:00:23

Lovely in march when I have been twice. Slightly cool sea but nothing compared to cornwall!!

Hulababy Mon 16-Feb-15 16:01:00

We went to correlejo 3 years ago; the February half term. We had a lovely time. That area is lovely and we really liked the bar right on the beach. There were some nice places to eat and decent shops too though not many there. We did hire a car one day and enjoyed a day exploring the island though definitely liked our resort area best. We also enjoyed a day trip to playa Blanca on Lanzarote from Correlejo.

We are currently in Playa Blanca right now and the weather is lovely smile

pieceofpurplesky Mon 16-Feb-15 16:08:42

My favourite Canary Island by far. Love Caleta for pottering at night and the gorgeous lagoon beaches. Stayed at the Barcelo Thalasso and the Cay Beach

Bedsheets4knickers Tue 17-Feb-15 22:39:39

Nice but windy. Some beaches the sand lashes you

iwantgin Wed 18-Feb-15 20:53:32

I've been a few times - have always stayed in Caleta de Fuste/Costa Caleta.

It's fairly quiet wherever you stay - very family orientated.

The last time we went was in a February half term and the weather wasn't great. But I that seems to have been happening across all the canaries in the past few years. Easter should be better weather though. (hope so as I am going to Tenerife just before Easter).

If you hire a car you can tour the island. There are some nice beaches on the south coast too worth a look at. The roads are pretty quiet - it's very easy to drive around.

pinkrocker Mon 20-Jul-15 09:30:13

I've just booked to go mid-August, do you think it will be very busy or is Costa Caleta not a very big resort?

specialsubject Mon 20-Jul-15 11:49:49

top tip - run the island name through google translate. Don't go and complain that it is windy!

pinkrocker Mon 20-Jul-15 12:24:14

I saw that it's windy smile just wondered if it would be busy...

AllPizzasGreatAndSmall Mon 20-Jul-15 14:59:24

We regularly go in August, though we stay in Corralejo, and whilst it is busier than other months it still is not too busy.

Heels99 Mon 20-Jul-15 15:04:56

Had a pleasant holiday there , hired a car to tour the island. Apart from one inland village that is a unesco heritage site there isn't much to see except barren lands. Prefer lanzarote for that reason, a bit more sightseeing , a bit more culture etc

pinkrocker Tue 21-Jul-15 23:59:10

AllPizza what's the temperature like in August?
Having only holidayed in Cyprus for years I'm not sure what to expect!

AllPizzasGreatAndSmall Sat 25-Jul-15 20:54:38

Usually around 30 degrees , sometimes higher but the wind stops it feeling too Uncomfortable.

pinkrocker Tue 28-Jul-15 20:54:15

Thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now