Talk

Advanced search

Return journey Provence to UK

(3 Posts)
HexBramble Sat 14-Feb-15 09:08:30

DH and I cannot agree on how to handle the return journey of our holiday France. This is our rough plan so far:

Euro tunnel late July. Unplanned as yet but drive south to Provence, stopping in campsites on way, taking about a week to get there.

Gite in Provence for fortnight.

Our return journeys to ports have always been stressful. DH is rather shite with time, and also stubborn and does not listen ever. Hence, every single journey to the port has been stressful, exceeding the speed limits and fraught with tension. I hate it.

I want to take 3 days to return to Calais, stopping near Lyon for an overnight camping, then perhaps Paris area. I want to give our DC a break from the car (9 and 7) and stay 2 nights in Paris but he wants to push ahead.

Can any experienced campers share their advice?

Many thanks.

HexBramble Tue 17-Feb-15 11:34:18

Bump

cheerup Wed 18-Feb-15 15:12:42

We once came back from the Drome via the Jura x1 night and 2 nights at Lac D'Orient near Troyes. Lyon is a great city though and plenty there for a couple of days so how about two nights in Lyon - think there is a campsite from where you can get a bus in but can't remember the name - and one near Troyes. It took about 4.5 hours to get back to the Eurotunnel from the Lac D'Orient.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: