Advanced search

Have you been on a mini break to barcelona? Tell me about hotels

(16 Posts)
Armpitt Mon 19-Jan-15 11:07:26

Please! Esp if you booked as part of a flight deal on last minute or similar. I've been told the ramblas hotels are noisy and overpriced. I'd like a rooftop pool but realise this might be $$$.
Plus any other tips. Going with a female mate.

iwantgin Mon 19-Jan-15 15:41:45

I stayed near the ramblas. It was okay - but'cosy'. perhaps not suitable for sharing with a friend.

hotel catalunya

Looks like they have refurbished since my visit. It was okay- very central.

More recently I went with DH - but we stayed in Sitges, just down the coast. Caught the train in to the city a couple of times to sight see.

Armpitt Mon 19-Jan-15 18:31:39

thanks - i have stumbled also on the Hotel Universal

whoneedstosleep Mon 19-Jan-15 18:38:29

I have just booked an apartment near Plaza de Las Rambles, compatible prices to hotel.

Armpitt Mon 19-Jan-15 19:23:46

oh that IS nice but its booked up!

Sonotkylie Tue 20-Jan-15 11:26:05

More apartments at into-barcelona -just google into-bcn and it will come up. We've been 3 times now and its a great quiet location, easy to beach and Las Ramblas. Similar price to hotels but more space!

miaowmix Wed 21-Jan-15 20:33:52

Stayed in the gorgeous Barcelona hotel cathedral last summer, fab location, in barri gotic, v swish and modern and gorgeous roof top pool. Highly recommend and I've been to Barcelona at least ten times.

chicaguapa Wed 21-Jan-15 20:39:23

The Voluto Hotel near the Sagrada Familia has fantastic reviews and I've bookmarked it for when we go with DC.

arlagirl Wed 21-Jan-15 20:40:55

I love the Colon opposite old cathedral. The top floor rooms with terraces are gorgeous

namelessposter Wed 21-Jan-15 20:53:54

The hotel florida is gorgeous, and has a very cool bar, but £££££

stealthsquiggle Wed 21-Jan-15 21:03:39

Assuming the Hotel Arts is out of range (one of my very favourite hotels in Europe --as long as someone else is paying--) then there are a couple I would definitely not recommend (I have done way too many business trips to Barcelona) - I seem to have blocked one the names from my memory, but I will find it - the other was the AC Som.

PurplePotato Wed 21-Jan-15 21:10:59

I've stayed at the B Hotel, which is about a 20 minutes walk to Las Ramblas and has a small rooftop pool. Very reasonable too.

budgiegirl Wed 21-Jan-15 22:02:51

I'd second the hotel
Barcelona catedral , great location, modern, roof top pool , and an awesome breakfast including cava - great start to the day grin

manic Sat 24-Jan-15 19:37:19

I stayed at the Silken Ramblas a couple of years ago, definitely NOT noisy, yet just 100yards from the main Ramblas walk. Roof top pool, great staff, very professional, extremely clean and comfortable rooms. Was very very happy with my booking there.

stealthsquiggle Sat 24-Jan-15 21:04:22

That was the other one. Hotel Front Maritim. Don't do it. I have been in nicer youth hostels.

iluvsummer Sat 24-Jan-15 22:54:41

I've stayed in the nh Calderon twice, rooftop pool 5 min walk from las ramblas suits our needs for a long weekend

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now