Advanced search

(6 Posts)
1805 Mon 12-Jan-15 21:22:45

Please can someone recommend a family hotel in or v near Venice for 4 nights in July please? dc will be 13 and 10(asd).

3catsandcounting Mon 12-Jan-15 21:41:14

We stayed in a small, traditional hotel in Venice in August - a quad room for me, DH and 2 teens - it was fine for a couple of nights and v reasonable.
What I would strongly recommend is staying in Venice itself (not outside as it's a pain to keep to'ing and fro'ing in the heat. We nipped back to our hotel a few times during the day!)

1805 Mon 12-Jan-15 21:56:06

Thanks for that. It's useful to know to stay in Venice itself. Can you tell me the name of the hotel please?

3catsandcounting Tue 13-Jan-15 10:23:54

It was the Hotel Tivoli. Tiny little place, in a back street, but a decent quad room, with ensuite, clean and comfortable, and I think it cost around £90 a night for all 4 of us, inc continental breakfast (which wasn't all that exciting, but ok, and you could eat in the cute little courtyard outside.)
It was very central, on a small row of shops and bars, and only a few minutes walk from the nearest vaporetto stop.
Venice hotels are so expensive so this suited our budget and was fine for a few days. I would always stay in Venice itself for the reason I gave before, but also in the evenings, when all the day trippers have gone and the cruisers are back on their ship, the place quietens down and is so magical to wander around - that, for me, was the best time!

1805 Tue 13-Jan-15 21:44:09

Thanks 3cats…looks lovely.

Notsoskinnyminny Fri 16-Jan-15 18:21:40

We've just got back and stayed at the Hotel Ala, great breakfast, comfy bed, 5 mins from St Marks Square and best of all its less than a minute from the last stop on the orange line from the airport and there are no bridges to cross with luggage. I always feel sorry for people trying to find their hotel especially when its crowded in the summer or late at night.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now