Talk

Advanced search

Find me a holiday (Canaries,Balearics). Losing the will to live!

(19 Posts)
MrsHoolie Sat 10-Jan-15 09:55:45

Family of 4 (DC 7,5)
Beach location
Fun pool
All inclusive
A room with a lounge so we don't all have to go to bed at the same time!
Able to walk to a town or harbour
Not Egypt or Turkey
I think I need to step away from trip advisor....
Can anyone recommend any resorts or hotels please?
Thanks wink

TeaCupCrazy Sat 10-Jan-15 17:45:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Kahlua4me Sat 10-Jan-15 17:47:42

Los Cristianos, Tenerife is excellent. Very child friendly and has a relaxed easy going feel to it.

MrsHoolie Sat 10-Jan-15 19:47:19

Thanks,I'll have a look at those.
Think we may end up going half board as the prices are so steep!

ajandjjmum Sat 10-Jan-15 20:14:13

We went to Tenerife last year, and were really disappointed - no desire to return to the island whatsoever, and we were supposed to be staying in one of the best hotels there.

Having you looked at the Algarve?

elvisola Sat 10-Jan-15 20:16:48

We went to Viva Can Picafort in Majorca with same age kids last year and it was fabulous! Would recommend.

UnMasterChef Sat 10-Jan-15 20:32:06

First direct holiday village in lanzarote was good, we enjoyed out holiday there

Rosa Sat 10-Jan-15 20:35:54

Fuerteventura. Barcelo Thalasso. Only thing am not sure on are rooms with lounge .
We booked direct and got a better price than with any agency.

Londonbug1 Sat 10-Jan-15 22:29:41

Someone I know recommends sensorini hotel teneriffe.i think it's Thomas Cook
Gay couple with a six year old says it's fantastic

prettywhiteguitar Sun 11-Jan-15 09:14:16

Ajandjjmum

what did you find disappointing ? And which hotel was it please ? I was looking to book there. I have never been and not done many hot holidays (more of a skier) but would like to take family.

Op I think we are in the same situation ! It's hard to know where to start !

ajandjjmum Sun 11-Jan-15 15:47:32

We stayed at the Abama - expensive and not worth the money. We enjoyed the adult pool, but the restaurants in the complex were not overwhelming.

We went to Puerto de la Cruz (where I had stayed as a child), and it was all pretty drab and dirty tbh. The outskirts of Playa de las Americas had the ring of Blackpool about it and even Los Christianos we struggled to find anything good to say about it - although we went there at the weekend, and it was packed.

Sorry - hope I haven't offended anyone - but we really found the whole holiday a bit of an (expensive) let-down.

We were advised not to go to Teide, as the queues are so awful in the summer. Golf was about £150 a round, so DH and DS gave that a miss - we saw a maximum of 3 games going on at any one time.

Hope that helps prettywhiteguitar!

prettywhiteguitar Sun 11-Jan-15 16:17:59

Thank you ajandjjmum yes it is !

I was looking at Los Christianos, Isabel apartments or the regency hotel. It's a lot of money for us so I'm reluctant to go unless we will love it. Don't usually do hot, beach holidays but now we have children we all need the break !

ajandjjmum Sun 11-Jan-15 16:41:20

We stayed at the Vilamoura (sp?) apartments on the Algarve, and really enjoyed it, when the children were smaller. Small pool between a few apartments, and a short drive to the port and various local villages. Might be worth a look?

Good luck!

rookiemere Sun 11-Jan-15 16:45:50

Prettywhite - do you mean the Regency Country Club? It's a wonderful apartment complex and there is a great infinity pool, but it is quite a distance from the beach, there's a hotel minibus but it stops at 6.45pm.
It is a lovely place though. Not much to do in the area, a couple of restaurants and bars are nearish, although you'll struggle to drag the DCs away from the place anyway.

Isabel apartments are closish to the beach, but a bit of a walk across a couple of main walks - so maybe 10-15 mins to the beach, apartments will be a lot more basic than the Regency, but a better location.

We love that part of Tenerife and have been there 4 times ( stayed at the Regency 3 times).

PestoStormissimos Sun 11-Jan-15 16:46:32

Check out the all inclusive hotels in Cala'n'Bosch in Menorca. It's a lovely resort with 2 beaches plus a nice harbour to stroll around - lined with restaurants. There's a very good water park close by, too smile

magicstar1 Sun 11-Jan-15 16:57:34

Friend of mine went to Hotel Sol Lanzarote, Matagorda last year. They had 3 children with them and loved it there.

prettywhiteguitar Sun 11-Jan-15 17:11:30

So helpful thank you ! Just looking now

Curlygirly Sun 11-Jan-15 20:55:56

We were in Menorca last year and stayed at the Mar de Menorca. It was great.

MrsHoolie Sun 11-Jan-15 22:56:17

I think it's looking like Menorca is the front runner.
Thanks everyone for all your suggestions smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now