Talk

Advanced search

Can you find me an AI summer holiday which has character and isn't full of obnoxious brits??

(7 Posts)
TerrysNo3 Sun 04-Jan-15 19:13:52

Hello

Firstly I will apologise as I am a bit of a snob but the last time I went to an AI hotel I was told "we like the hotel but outside its so dirty". This was in Bali FFS and they had travelled 16 hours to get there!! Rant over grin

DH and I have finally come round to the fact the kids will love the many pools, making friends, cheesy activities kind of holiday (they are 3 and 6 now) rather than our more recent independent trips (and I love these things too TBH).

So I want to try an AI/resort holiday but I really don't want to spend my holiday surrounded by people who think all Spain has to offer is a nice beach and all day breakfasts IYSWIM?

I am not really a fussy person, I just want a nice hotel, nice beach, good food (with some variety/local dishes) and for the kids to have fun and make friends.

Any ideas anyone??

Thanks

sergeantmajor Mon 05-Jan-15 13:39:05

I have been eyeing up a new hotel in Greece, Ikos Olivia, which is all inclusive, plus there are some historical sites to visit nearby, and even some of the all inclusive meals can be taken in the local village, which is a nice touch. As it's new, there's no way of telling what the fellow guests will be like, but you can work on the assumption that mostly it will be people looking for the same criteria as you, so should be like-minded. Link

whoneedstosleep Tue 06-Jan-15 16:26:20

I like the big AI hotels in Lara Beach, Turkey. Really nice hotel standard, lots and lots to do for your age of children.
BUT there isn't much to do outwith the big hotels. There is a town with market and harbour 30mins away and hotels offer shuttle bus.

Brits are in the minority at these hotels. Lots of Russians, Germans and Scandinavian people.
This didn't stop my son making friends though.
We have been a few times to different hotels as it is such an easy holiday for us. Good standard for us but also very child friendly.

rallytog1 Tue 06-Jan-15 19:08:00

Wow, the Ikos Olivia looks amazing!

TerrysNo3 Tue 06-Jan-15 21:38:01

Sargeant thanks for your reply, we have just booked the Ikos Oceania (the Olivia was slightly more expensive and they both seemed the same).

I booked directly with BA and got it loads cheaper than anywhere else.

Thanks!! smile

321zerobaby Tue 06-Jan-15 21:43:41

Good thread Terry, no recommendations for you though sorry. We did our first AI with the children (9 & 6) last year in Cyprus, they loved the pools and slides, but the bingo every night followed by some sort of tedious entertainment was not my cup of tea!

Groovee Tue 06-Jan-15 21:46:11

Rubicon Palace in Play Blanca, Lanzarote

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now