Talk

Advanced search

Egypt early March

(5 Posts)
Stars66 Sat 03-Jan-15 22:44:56

Is the water warm enough to swim? Also, there are some crazily cheap deals on easyjet holidays. Things like £250 all inclusive for 10 days! How is that even possible?!shockshock

feelingfedupandold Sun 04-Jan-15 10:35:48

i went in march last year - to Hurghada. The sea was not bath temperature - but nice enough to swim in when you got in definitely.
the air temperature when we went was around 30 i think.
we had a great holiday. went to luxor on a day trip on a coach too. booked and haggled with staff on the stands in the hotel lobby. not via thomas cook rep.!
people are worried to go is why prices are cheap

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/egypt

look at foreign office advice and maybe on trip advisor egypt forum to make your mind up

www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g294200-i9124-Egypt.html

tourist areas of Hurghada and Sharm el Sheik are not in areas advised against by foreign office. I would go personally.

read up on it.

feelingfedupandold Sun 04-Jan-15 10:37:21

also unless the hotel is at least a 4 star it could be dire especially in a town location. check reviews.
4 or 5 star over there is not what we would expect from spain, canaries etc.

AvonCallingBarksdale Tue 06-Jan-15 18:29:30

Just to echo what feeling said, I would recommend you do a lot of research into hotels that are that cheap. It could very much be a case of false economy. And, yes, it's cheap because no-one really wants to go there at the moment.

Stars66 Tue 06-Jan-15 20:58:01

I know it is just resort city over there, but we just need some winter sun and r&r, so thinking of a hotel with a few pools and kids playground to keep little one entertained!
Anyone ever stayed at Hilton Sharm Dreams? Or Marriott ? Or anyone got any recommendations at all?
I think the more you read about the hotels every hotel has good and bad reviews...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now