Talk

Advanced search

Pampering holiday with 2.5 year old and 6-month old dcs (and husband)?

(12 Posts)
wokeupwithasmile Sat 03-Jan-15 09:22:38

It will be my 40th birthday this year, and after having kids and taking care of them I think it should be my time to enjoy life a bit!
I am planning 8-10 days away with them all in early September or late October, would like to stay away from the usual countries (France, England, Italy) and get a bit of seaside, so that the older child can run around with dada and I can sunbathe and breastfeed.
I am thinking of Portugal or Turkey. I do not mind paying well for this, but I find it all a bit daunting as I have never traveled with kids this age before.

Can you help me by sharing your experiences?

Thank you!

Groovee Sat 03-Jan-15 23:21:27

We stayed at the Rubicon Palace in Lanzarote. It was a lovely hotel with a very Spanish clientele. It had a spa and lots nearby like rock pooling, beach about 20 mins walk and was a large complex with 7 pools

Schweetheart Sat 03-Jan-15 23:31:05

Never been but Four Reasons in Turkey is on my wish list....

wokeupwithasmile Sun 04-Jan-15 15:43:15

Thank you both!

sergeantmajor Mon 05-Jan-15 13:46:12

If it's early September, then Portugal should be fine, but in late October you'd be better off in Turkey, weather wise. Look up when October half term week is though, and avoid it, as you may as well dodge the premium rates while you still can!

For Portugal, a friend has come back raving about Vila Vita Parc, which has a creche - link

Two summers ago we went to Gloria Golf in Turkey, which was amazing, but kind of wasted on children as young as yours. Even though they do have a creche and baby-friendly food (I saw purees on the buffet!), it more comes into its own for older children, imo.

wokeupwithasmile Thu 08-Jan-15 19:39:52

Thanks sergeantmajor, I will check them out...and keep them in mind for when the kids are older ;)

milkjetmum Thu 08-Jan-15 19:49:05

All inclusive luxury hotel with spa for you? We have had great times at iberostar resorts in Spain (have done Palma and Malaga). Kids clubs / kids disco are great (kids have to be 4 to be left at kids club but staff were happy for us to sit on chairs in eyeshot/earshot while dd1 coloured in etc). It's classy but not too expensive, good food choices.

I stumbled on these places after going to a work conference in one, I love them now!

ReverseTheTrend Thu 08-Jan-15 19:53:07

Look at the sensatori hotels by Thomsib

ReverseTheTrend Thu 08-Jan-15 20:16:25

Look at the sensatori hotels by Thomsib

Misty9 Fri 09-Jan-15 15:44:37

Have you considered madeira? Lovely country and we stayed in a fantastic hotel - before kids but gorgeous grounds and facilities and looked kid friendly. Will try to remember the name and get back to you... pretty sure it was funchal though.

Misty9 Fri 09-Jan-15 15:47:45

www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g189167-d296287-Reviews-Porto_Mare_Hotel_Porto_Bay-Funchal_Madeira_Madeira_Islands.html here. Would go back for sure.

wokeupwithasmile Sat 10-Jan-15 23:01:30

Oh wow! Thank you all!
Milkjetmum, I wish the places I was sent for conferences were as nice as those!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now