Talk

Advanced search

Neilson: Retreat Beachclub, Sivota in Greece or Phokaia Beachclub, Turkey?

(6 Posts)
snowgirl1 Wed 31-Dec-14 18:59:58

Has anyone been to both/either of these Neilson resorts? Which would you recommend for a family with a 3.5 year old? Picked those two Neilson resorts as there's the option of road biking (rather than just mountain biking) as DH & I are both quite keen on road biking.

snowgirl1 Fri 02-Jan-15 10:37:29

Hopeful bump

Heels99 Fri 02-Jan-15 10:53:28

Hi, haven't been to either of those but have been to some other Neilson resorts, fab for your dd mine loved it at that age. Sivota has a lot of steps to beach I have heard.
Is there a difference in price, availabilior options to fly from your nearer airport as those would probably be factors for me.

Yogamuminahottent Fri 02-Jan-15 20:01:21

Sivota is a really lovely resort. Been there twice. It is excellent for road and mountain biking. 3.5 yr old may find steps challenging however if you ask for a room close to restaurant that will reduce some of them but you will be closer to the noise of the bar. Never been to Phokaia - i am told it is much bigger.

snowgirl1 Fri 02-Jan-15 20:08:24

Heels99 thanks. Sivota is about £200 cheaper in total, so I'd accept that if it was better for us. We can fly to both from our local airport. But I haven't checked the transfer time, so I must to that.

I'd noticed all the steps in Neilson's website pics of Sivota, that; the fact the pool looks quite small (particularly the children's pool); and it looks like a bit of a traipse to the beach are my reservations about Sivota. But the views look gorgeous and I do love a good view!

The pool seems much much bigger at Phokaia and the beach looks a lot more convenient, which would be good with DD. But it doesn't look like it has the same impressive views.

Decisions, decisions...

snowgirl1 Fri 02-Jan-15 20:14:28

Yogamum thanks - I must have been typing as you posted. Is it a long way to the beach? Are the pools quite small?

Yes, DD may find the steps a bit of a challenge. We stayed at a campsite on a hill (former terraced olive grove) overlooking Lake Garda this year which had lots of steps, she was fine toddling down and when it came to walking up she got a plaintive 'carry me' down to a tee! But I enjoyed looking out at views over Lake Garda in the evening, rather than views of someone else's tent/mobile home, so I might sacrifice convenience (i.e. having to carry DD a bit more) for a lovely view/location.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now