Talk

Advanced search

Disneyland Paris tips!

(17 Posts)
NotPennysBoat Sun 28-Dec-14 20:18:41

I've seen dozens of threads on Disneyworld Florida but hardly anything on the Paris version.

Going for 4 nights in May with DS aged 3 and DH. Flights and hotel (Disney's Hotel New York) already booked.

I'd love to hear your itinerary tips, as well as eating recommendations (we're B&B only). Thank you in advance!

MissBeehiving Sun 28-Dec-14 21:08:54

We went in May this year and August the year previously. May was so much better;

Take your buggy - the ones at DLP don't fold back so it's difficult for children to sleep comfortably in them. Take a water bottle.

Stars in Cars parade (early pm) is good.

The main parade is good - but get there early with a snack and a drink so that DS can be at the front.

You'll get magic hours so head for the most popular attractions in Disneyland Park first then straight over to WD studios.

My DS loved breakfast with Mickey - even in May, the queues to meet the characters were awful.

Loved Peter Pan's flight and Small World.

The food at DLP is expensive - eat a good breakfast! We've had meal plans before which were useful for us (hungry children!) but might not be for you.

SparklesForEveryone Sun 28-Dec-14 21:13:24

there is a train station there, and you can go one stop up and there is a supermarket there. DO NOT BUY FOOD THERE!!! it is horrifically expensive, and sadly the main thing we remember - and/or take food with you - when we went, there were families with a suitcase full of food

do not stay at their cheapest hotel, we had a room for 4 (2 adults/2 kids) - which was 2 double beds and the tiniest of gaps between them, and a pair of gents underpants left in the hallway for 3 days.

I know you have booked for May, we went in January which was fantastic as it was so empty

lunar1 Sun 28-Dec-14 21:23:35

Go on eBay and buy some disney pins for trading and a lanyard. You can get them in lots of 25 for around £13. You can trade pins with all the staff and get some really good ones. My boys loved it.

MissBeehiving Sun 28-Dec-14 21:29:23

Ooh Lunar - I never knew that! We're off to WDW in October and my older DS will LOVE that smile

lunar1 Sun 28-Dec-14 21:48:48

I bought 4 lots before we went, we came back with loads of Star Wars, halloween and Christmas pins. They still like looking through them all.

Heels99 Mon 29-Dec-14 12:48:33

Book restaurants in advance for evening meal or be prepared for long wait, even macdonalds can queue for an hour!

LIZS Mon 29-Dec-14 12:51:21

Check local holidays for May. We went over Ascension day weekend and it was manic. Agree prebook evening meal slots but don't expect to be seated promptly.

NatalieHarding21 Mon 29-Dec-14 23:26:43

I have heard some really good reviews of Disney land Paris and still have to make the trip, feel a lot more encouraged having read the reivews!!

NotPennysBoat Tue 30-Dec-14 10:17:08

Thanks for all the advice so far, I had read about the restaurant reservations but the pins one is a great idea!

NickiFury Tue 30-Dec-14 10:25:39

We went full board and it was worth every penny. Three meals a day and an afternoon snack. We didn't have the snack both days as we were still too full from huge lunches. I read time again that the food is rubbish there but that was not our experience, we ate at "Walts" on Main Street and the food was delicious. My choice there was Caeser salad starter, mushroom ravioli, chocolate fondant with raspberry sauce. SO nice. Obviously other choices too.

lunar1 Tue 30-Dec-14 10:43:49

We had the premium dining package. The food was brilliant and we got character dining every day in inventions.

seb1 Tue 30-Dec-14 10:56:50

Trains from disney are frequent, one stop to Val D'Europe when you exit train head for Serris area there is Shopping centre and Designer outlet for some disney free shopping. There are easy to use ticket machines at all stations.

NoLongerJustAShopGirl Tue 30-Dec-14 11:13:26

There are little hidden gems too - upstairs in the castle listen for 2 guards snoring in their armour.
Look above the opening to the drawbridge and see the Disney family crest
Paris has a dragon beneath the castle (can be scary for very little ones!)
When you walk up main St listen for sounds related to the dentist upstairs etc.. and Pluto barking.

Look out for Tinkerbell on Pan's flight - sometimes they move her..

there are a few others too, will try to look them out.

MERLYPUSSEDOFF Tue 30-Dec-14 19:39:54

I would like to take my two 7 yr olds for the last weekend in January. Any DO NOT DO THIS tips? Would be Fri/Sat night and home for school monday. Ta

NoLongerJustAShopGirl Wed 31-Dec-14 08:27:47

mid Jan to mid March is traditionally ride refurbishment time - check which rides will be out of action before you go

here - and change the date for when you are there

NineteenForever Thu 08-Jan-15 20:04:17

Check out disboards.com and thedibb.co.uk . Best thing we did- they have sections for DLP- disneyland paris as well as florida.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now