Talk

Advanced search

Barcelona hotels anyone?

(7 Posts)
WilliamShatnersPants Tue 09-Dec-14 19:19:29

DH and I are going (leaving the kids behind - glee!) for 2 nights midweek in January.

I've never been so am not familiar with the city at all. Have been told to stay in either Las Ramblas or El Born, so am after recommendations of hotels around there?

Would prefer boutique style over huge corporate chain type hotel. Walking distance to restaurants and a metro station. Mid level budget - obviously cheaper would mean more cash for drinks though!

Any amazing suggestions?

AgathaF Tue 09-Dec-14 19:48:22

We had a lovely break here. Really well situated for everything, lovely and clean, nice breakfast. Only downside might be that the bathrooms are open to the bedroom (toilet is private!!), so that could be an issue for some people. Otherwise, I would recommend it.

sparrowcottage Tue 09-Dec-14 20:25:11

been lots of times and yet to find my favourite.. Ohla mentioned above looks like a great spot, i wouldnt want to be any further north or west than that. next time we are trying the 'cheap and basic' www.chicandbasic.com/ hoping thats code for cool and chic.

We3KingyofOblomovAre Tue 09-Dec-14 21:50:27

stayed in the H10 Marina Barcelona. Dh just happened to get a very VERY good deal for a long weekend, for my 40th.

It was a bit out of the way, but near metro and we enjoyed walking. what a fabulous hotel - rooms, breakfast beyond superb. fab.

maybemyrtle Thu 01-Jan-15 19:11:52

I realise this is an old thread and OP has probably booked already, but I can recommend the Chic & Basics linked above in case anyone else is looking. The one in Barcelona at the bottom of La Rambla is fab. I also stayed at the one in Madrid, which was more basic but still fine. Great value, especially in Barc.

BuffyTy Sun 04-Jan-15 07:54:51

The Grand Central has lovely modern rooms but the best bit is their roof top bar and swimming pool. Just make sure your room is not at the front of the building as the traffic noise is horrendous in those rooms even from an upper floor. More affordable is the Cathedral hotel - great location, nice rooms and it also has a roof top pool, just without the bar. I hear that the Ohla is great too.

piebald Thu 08-Jan-15 19:09:11

We have been given flights to Barcelona for christmas and i am just starting to look for somewhere to stay. Would love to know where the OP booked and how they got on

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now