Talk

Advanced search

Tenerife in January, what kind of weather to expect and clothes to take please?

(17 Posts)
rockpinkpumpkin Sat 06-Dec-14 10:03:53

I'm only going for 4 nights but I'd appreciate a few pointers on weather and clothes!
Hotel dress policy is "long trousers" in evening so I'm assuming it means I have to be smart (ish) too?
Thank you.

AlienforChristmas Sat 06-Dec-14 10:09:22

Think spring weather, possible rain - not cold exactly, but you'll likely want jacket, jumper and you'll probably want those long trousers for warmth in the evening.

SunbathingCat Sat 06-Dec-14 10:12:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Babiecakes11 Sat 06-Dec-14 10:24:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

rockpinkpumpkin Sat 06-Dec-14 10:50:40

Thank you! Going to Los Cristianos so hoping for some sunshine.

iwantginsoakedXmas Mon 08-Dec-14 22:49:25

I have been at various times of year.

Suggest that you plan for spring and summer outfits.

It is likely to be sunny in the daytime - warm in the sunshine but maybe a little chillier if the sun goes in. Evenings you will need a cardigan or a jacket. You may want to sit outside- so def need to keep warm enough.

Enjoy - I love Tenerife.

rockpinkpumpkin Fri 12-Dec-14 12:05:44

Ah thank you!

Dumpylump Fri 12-Dec-14 12:10:50

I love Tenerife too......re the long trousers in the dining room thing - are you staying at Paradise Park by any chance? smile

pinkrocker Wed 17-Dec-14 12:49:37

No, we are stopping at the Granada park smile

inconceivableme Mon 22-Dec-14 22:27:19

I went to Costa Adeje) was really PdlA angry !!) in December a few years ago. Was cold!! Am I'm no peak summer sun lover either. Didn't take enough warm cardis for the evening and even daytime some days. Didn't go in (unheated) pool or sea all week, at least, not without a wetsuit when scuba diving. Needed waterproofs which I didn't pack too.

pinkrocker Fri 26-Dec-14 22:33:09

Right I need my jeans & cardis then, thanks all!

Judd Fri 26-Dec-14 22:37:10

I have family there now <jealous> 26 degrees today, got a nice tan....

pinkrocker Fri 26-Dec-14 22:41:16

Any sun would be appreciated! !

Hulababy Fri 26-Dec-14 22:42:33

Not been to Tenerife but have been to Fuerteventura and Lanzarote in early-mid February which I assume is similar weather.

Was warm during the day - def shorts and t shirts, sat round the pool in swimmers, etc. but often needed a cardi in the evening.

pinkrocker Fri 26-Dec-14 22:59:02

thanks!!! I'll take some nice heels for evening I think along with a cardi and smart clothes.

Branleuse Fri 26-Dec-14 23:02:14

we went last January, to the north and it was between 20 and 24 degrees ebery day. Rain was only warm rain. It was fab. Sea is also warm enough to swim in all year round, so you can always swim. Take a jumper for the evenings as it gets cooler then

pinkrocker Fri 26-Dec-14 23:18:41

Thank you :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now