Talk

Advanced search

Disneyland Paris in October - help please?

(6 Posts)
hillyhilly Mon 24-Nov-14 17:52:37

We're planning to go to Paris in half term October 2015, spending Monday to Weds in Paris itself then heading to DLP v early Thursday to spend Thursday and Friday day times there with one overnight in a hotel. All good in the planning so far - however, DLP have quoted us £1800 for one night/ two days! is this real? This price was for a suite in a Disney hotel as we had understood that was the best way to get the most out of the park but we really can't countenance paying as much as that.
Any help gratefully received.

LIZS Tue 25-Nov-14 07:58:21

Unless you have very small children or lots of cash the other Disney or even non-Disney hotels could serve you just as well as the shuttle buses/train serve them well and you won't be spending that much time in your room. You also might find there are deals released a bit closer to the time from which you may not currently be benefitting (free meals, under 7s admitted free etc)

ImaginaryPoster Tue 25-Nov-14 10:43:35

Suites are very expensive, the standard rooms vary greatly in price depending on the disney hotel that you stay in. My neighbours go every year in October and say everything: Eurotunnel, petrol, toll, food, disney hotel and tickets for 4 costs under £1000 for 5 days.

CaisleanDraiochta Wed 26-Nov-14 00:33:42

Disney never have any offers for 1 night stays, so you may find it is actually cheaper for you to stay a 2nd night!

Also unless you really want to stay in a suite then I would look at other room options, or as others have said even consider a non-Disney hotel. £1800 is a huge amount- I love DLP and think its great, but its not worth £900 per day IMO. I paid around that much for 2 whole weeks there in September!

bryonyelf Sun 07-Dec-14 07:58:45

Look at some of the aparthotels one stop up on the train at val d Europe. We are staying at the adagio in February in a one bed apartment for £50 a night.

We researched a lot. Hotels charge a lot but aren't 5 star by any stretch so shop around. As a poster said wait until they next do free nights (I think it is free half board at the moment) if you really want to stay on site and look at New York or Newport bay.

The hotels didn't offer us enough to make us pay WAY more than the adagio to book with them. We found the apartment next to the huge shopping centre at val d Europe much more appealing in terms of cost, facilities and living space.

Heels99 Sun 07-Dec-14 08:03:52

Do you need a suite as standard rooms sleep 4

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now