Talk

Advanced search

Lanzarote in late August ?aircon needed

(9 Posts)
Hodorsbitch Sun 23-Nov-14 20:12:09

That's the nub of it really, going 30th August and lots of self catering places seem to not mention having any sort of cooling system. Normally I look for aircon but I know it's breezy- what have others found in terms of needing it or not?

Thanks.

Hodorsbitch Tue 25-Nov-14 18:37:01

Anyone?thanks

specialsubject Sun 30-Nov-14 13:44:25

never been that time of year, but nights in the Canaries do tend to cool off enough that you don't need aircon. Dream climate!

charlie0123 Sun 30-Nov-14 13:57:28

Did nt need it when we went early august. I always look for it but nowhere seemed to have it there. It was very breezy most of the time and in an evening felt chilly on occasions. I think you'll be fine without.

Dowser Sun 30-Nov-14 14:48:51

We were in Tenerife late September and we definitely needed it but didn't have it. It might depend on the building. Our bedroom was 29 degrees.

Eeek!

rookiemater Mon 01-Dec-14 16:19:33

It really depends on how the apartment is set up. We went to Tenerife in October and temperature was around 25-28 during the day. There was no air con, but the apartment was designed to maximise through breeze by having shuttered doors to the balcony where you could leave the window doors open and had marble flooring, so were actually quite cool most of the time.

Hodorsbitch Mon 01-Dec-14 20:30:33

Ooh sorry I thought the thread had died! Thanks for your thoughts, I'm still undecided but never seem to get aircon completely tight either, waking too cold in the wee small hours so maybe going au naturelle might be good...but I'm scared!

specialsubject Tue 02-Dec-14 12:25:02

you'll be fine with a fan, honest. Check reviews of places to make sure they catch the breeze.

anyway if it isn't there, non-issue!

FelixFelix Tue 02-Dec-14 12:31:15

We went last year on 2nd September and had no air con in our villa. It's a very breezy island anyway so even though it's hot, it never feels as hot as it actually is. We found it fine with no AC and I was 6 months pregnant at the time. Also, the sun doesn't rise until around 8am and sets at 8pm (which I found odd at first) and it's a lot cooler at night when the sun has set.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now