Talk

Advanced search

Rome with 2 year old

(6 Posts)
Siennasun Fri 21-Nov-14 21:44:28

I'm taking my 2 year old to Rome in January for a few days. I've been a few times before, but never with a toddler.
I'm not planning to do much sightseeing but I might take him to the children's museum, though I'm not sure if he's a bit young.
I also don't know whether to take a buggy or would it be more trouble than it's worth?
Any tips appreciated. smile

Siennasun Mon 24-Nov-14 10:01:22

Anyone?? sad

DangerousMouse Thu 04-Dec-14 13:21:18

Hi, I went with my DS 3 in June, you really should take a buggy, we did as it's a big city.

Check out Explora - that was the best day out for my Son, it's great for pre-schoolers. Also the Zoo is not bad, apparently it's improving all the time. That's all I can think of really, it's more suitable for older children with places like the coliseum and the galleries. We didn't see the children's museum..

Siennasun Thu 04-Dec-14 21:34:53

Yay a response at last!! Thank you! I was worried no one takes small children to Rome smile

Explora is the children's museum I think. Good to know it's ok for pre-school. Is that the zoo in Villa Borghese?

DangerousMouse Thu 04-Dec-14 22:20:00

Yes, that's the zoo, my DH took DS while I took my older DD to the Vatican city, he said it was pretty good and DS had a great day... There is a lovely ice cream shop on the street opposite which does a delicious pear sorbet, best gelato of the holiday!

Siennasun Wed 10-Dec-14 21:26:54

Brilliant, thanks. I will look it up. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now