Talk

Advanced search

Tell me about Oslo

(4 Posts)
Magmatic80 Fri 14-Nov-14 00:32:20

Saving up for a short break and having a think while cannot sleep. DP suggested Oslo earlier and I like the sound of Norway. Neither of us have been anywhere in Scandinavia before so would be interesting I reckon, but have absolutely no evidence! Has anyone been? What's it like? (Apart from expensive...) I have a favourite painting I've always loved of a fjord. Is there good scenery there? I like a bus tour as well, is it an attractive city?

Johnogroats Fri 14-Nov-14 00:38:07

Not been to Oslo, but Bergen was stunning as well as eye wateringly expensive. Stockholm is lovely but again, it's pricey.

Magmatic80 Fri 14-Nov-14 00:40:37

Ooh thankyou! I like the sound of 'stunning'! Will investigate Bergen too!

whereismagic Fri 14-Nov-14 01:58:00

Oslo in run up to Christmas is wonderful. There are Xmas fairs around, people wear national costumes on top of winter coats, Nobel prize ceremony in December. They have a lot of museums, including Viking boats, folk, arctic expeditions. We booked a hotel room with buffet breakfast. The breakfast lasted us until evening. But you do need really warm clothes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now