Talk

Advanced search

Anyone been to a Siblu site in Brittany or The Vendée?

(19 Posts)
Muchtoomuchtodo Sun 09-Nov-14 22:09:13

We're turning our thoughts towards some summer sun for 2015 and are looking to reduce costs by using Tesco vouchers to part fund our holiday.

Siblu looks like an interesting option, we're thinking of driving and taking our bikes. Our dc aren't the most patient of car passengers so I think 4 hours max from the French port would be sensible.

Has anyone been to any of these sites? What did you think?

Muchtoomuchtodo Mon 10-Nov-14 09:52:13

Now I'm wondering if we should just fly further south for more guaranteed sunshine!

dreamingofsun Mon 10-Nov-14 14:26:27

ukcampsites.co.uk will have reviews. check the siblu website for the site name.

Muchtoomuchtodo Mon 10-Nov-14 14:33:49

Fab thanks.

I thought ukcampsites.co.uk would just have reviews of uk campsites - silly me!!

Twitterqueen Mon 10-Nov-14 14:40:22

Yes, I have.
I used our Tesco vouchers to go to Domaine de Kerlann about 4 years ago.

I would definitely recommend it. We'd been to Eurocamp in the Vendee around 5 or 6 times, and their sites are definitely better (larger pitches, better facilities, bigger pools) but Siblu is still good.

Driving is easy. The countryside is lovely - as are the towns and the beaches.

But with Brittany you don't get guaranteed sun!

Twitterqueen Mon 10-Nov-14 14:42:12

La Garangeoire is absolutely stunning. Fab place. A short 15 minute drive to the coast.

We always took bikes too - and the sun always shone here.

iwantgin Mon 10-Nov-14 14:45:38

We went to a site in Brittany one August. The weather was dreadful. We still enjoyed the break though.

I think you may want to venture further south to enjoy the outdoors more easily. Vendee is good - or stay inland near the Loire region. Many places in France that are worth visiting aren't at the coast - there are loads of man made/natural lake beach resorts.

As a pp says check out ukcampsite for reviews on each site. Don't limit yourself to Siblu/Keycamp/Eurocamp or whatever. Often you can book directly with the campsite and pay less or get a better accomodation.

Muchtoomuchtodo Mon 10-Nov-14 20:23:41

I've just had another look and Alfresco Holidays are also bookable using clubcard vouchers.

La Garangeoire is one of the sites that they use.

dreamingofsun Mon 10-Nov-14 20:27:48

garangeoire is one of the best sites we've been to in france - if not the best - and we've been to about 10. wasn't that keen on the area - not as nice as brittany.

Muchtoomuchtodo Mon 10-Nov-14 22:04:04

I've been looking for hours!

Realistically we're only going to get one week away. It's going to be during the summer holidays so I thought perhaps we should go somewhere where sun is pretty much guaranteed.

I still could do with using our clubcard vouchers.

I like the look of Corsica or Croatia. There's no way that we would drive to either of these (DH won't consider driving to the French Alps) and flights seem to be £1700 ish so that rules that out.

Think we might be back to plan A and keep our fingers crossed for the weather.

dreamingofsun Tue 11-Nov-14 08:59:12

south brittany has the best weather in brittany. if you look at the stats its pretty similar to northern vendee i think. if you only have a week i wouldn't want to travel too far and i'd try and not do it on a saturday

elizabethcharlotte Wed 12-Nov-14 21:56:49

Have a look at la pignade. It's a siblu site in the Charente region (just below vendee). It's a lovely small site with loads of cycle paths and beaches nearby. It's about a 6 hour drive from Calais.
We have discovered through experience that it doesn't matter where you go in mid France you cannot guarantee the weather in August.
We've also been with thomson alfresco and used our tesco vouchers but siblu sites are better. They have great pools, amazing lifeguards and better facilities as well as entertainment and kids clubs if you want them. Siblu mobile homes from elegance upwards are much, much better than thomson alfresco!

Muchtoomuchtodo Fri 14-Nov-14 21:48:15

Will do, thanks.

Waswondering Fri 14-Nov-14 21:53:10

We went to North Brittany and then Arras to see WW1 stuff last summer. Weather mixed in July, but ended up 30+ in last few days. It was excellent. Dinan in Brittany a must!

But previously been to La Garangeoire and it was really fantastic, superior site.

Have a great time!

Celticlass2 Sun 16-Nov-14 19:58:20

We went to Domaine de Litteau in Normandy. Went may half term a few years ago and had a great time. It's a smallish site. We had really nice weather too,- not typical for Northern France at that time of year.

Celticlass2 Sun 16-Nov-14 19:59:32

I forgot, we used our Tesco vouchers to pay for it as well.

CrystalTits Sun 16-Nov-14 20:06:00

We went to Les Charmettes (Siblu) in 2012 and it was brilliant. 4 hrs by car, weather was good - and the entertainment was amazing (not usually into that but it was professional standard). Siblu is great because they control/own the site, so you don't get a mix of holiday operators & reps; slick & responsive if there are any problems. Plot size great and loads to do in local area. Think it's one of their flagship sites, we would def return (DC now aged 13, 9 & 9).

CrystalTits Sun 16-Nov-14 20:08:03

Gosh, yes - we stopped in Dinan en route home, loved it so much we're planning a separate trip there. Beautiful & so much history.

AngelsWithSilverWings Sun 16-Nov-14 20:10:48

We went to Les Bois Dormant in The Vendee with Siblu a few years ago. Fantastic site with a great pool and a short drive to a huge beach but the accommodation was terrible.

We booked a top grade caravan and it was dirty, very shabby and the floor in the bathroom had rotted so much that it was in danger of giving way under our feet. We complained and after two days they offered an alternative one - but it was even worse than the one we were in. I wasn't impressed with the customer service at all.

Have since used Eurocamp for our all of our caravan holidays and the accommodation has always been lovely and modern.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now