Talk

Advanced search

Menorca in May.

(3 Posts)
busyboysmum Wed 05-Nov-14 08:43:07

We went to Menorca for October half term and loved it. I've been looking for flights so we can go back for the whit week but there don't seem to be any at a reasonable price. Does anyone know how you get there without breaking the bank? Travel dates would be 22nd of May to 29th of May. I haven't seen anything under £350 each return. There's 5 of us so that makes it too expensive. Was hoping for around £ 200 each max.

AliceMum09 Wed 05-Nov-14 10:33:14

You're probably a bit late to get flights for those prices for May half-term. May is getting more towards peak season, especially that school holiday week, whereas October half term, even though it's school holidays, is right at the end of the season.

I paid £900 for 2 adults and 3 children to Majorca flying out on 22nd May and coming back on 1st June (we have an inset day on that Monday), but I booked them as soon as they came available at the beginning of June this year. This is from Heathrow with BA. The same flights are now coming up at £2,551!

busyboysmum Wed 05-Nov-14 11:22:33

Aha that would explain it. Thanks for the advice. It might have to be October again this year for us then. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now