Talk

Advanced search

Dublin activities (central) with 6.5 yo and 3.5 yo

(6 Posts)
GoodtoBetter Tue 04-Nov-14 22:59:49

Hi,

Think we might be going on a short break in Dublin in mid December. Would be flying in Firday afternoon and flying out really early Monday morning.
My brother lives there but works in the restaurant trade so will be really busy. Hopefully we'll be able to see him for an afternoon or something, but otherwise we will be amusing ourselves.
We'll be staying really centrally with no car and wondered what ideas people might have for things to do with kids of this age apart from general wandering around. Preferably not massively expensive or weather dependant. I've been a couple of times but on mad, drunken pre-child weekends smile
Also, I might have an hour long appointment on Wicklow St, just off Grafton St on the Friday afternoon. Does anyone know of a playground (if the weather's nice) a short walk from there. I can see there's one in Stephen Green, but not sure which bit of the park it's in and if it would be a bit of a trek. Or something else a 6 and 3 yo might like nearby for about an hour.

Thanks!

StopBarking Tue 04-Nov-14 23:03:53

The Georgian House museum is interesting. Maybe your children are a bit too young but mine liked it. It's near st stephen's green. There's a really good playground in st stephen's green.

StopBarking Tue 04-Nov-14 23:09:47

ps, you won't need a car! The play ground is about four minutes walk in to the park. Past the ducks. Turn right over the little bridge, past the fountains! ask somebody. Central Park it aint! You'll find it.

Flywheel Tue 04-Nov-14 23:10:34

Stephens green is small, so the playground is a short hop from Grafton street. Also a lovely playground in merrion square. The zoo in Dublin is very good. It's quite central but would need to get a bus or the hop on hop off bus tour stops there.
A trip on the dart out to Howth would be nice. Some lovely walks and fish and chips

dingalong Tue 04-Nov-14 23:10:48

The national history museum is great (closed Mondays). Mine love it and insist we go every time we visit dublin. They like the playground in st Stephens green. You can also get Luas (tram) from st Stephens green to imaginosity.

Have a look at the ark - mixed bag of kids things and they may have something good on.

The zoo in the Phoenix park is nice if the weather is good - new baby elephants born recently.

Flywheel Tue 04-Nov-14 23:41:19

Funderland in the rds is another option. Indoor fun fair. It's pretty hellish but the kids love it.
I think there's some kind of Christmas fair on at Kilmainham also. Never been, but Kilmainham Gaol is worth a trip anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now