Talk

Advanced search

Accommodation in Marrakech

(14 Posts)
Johnogroats Mon 03-Nov-14 20:04:23

I have been lucky enough to win some holiday vouchers and we are going to put it towards 3 nights accommodation in Marrakech next May.

Does anyone have any recent experience of staying there - we were thinking of Sofitel, Jardins de la Koutoubia or possibly Naora Barriere - but open to suggestions. I rang up the agent (have to use agent to use the vouchers) and he was very lukewarm about the Koutoubia, but I am concerned that the Sofitel may lack character.

Thanks in advance!

Johnogroats Tue 04-Nov-14 14:09:21

bump!

lk26 Tue 04-Nov-14 14:12:40

We stopped at the Sofitel in Marrakech in June and it was lovely. Easy walk to centre or taxi.
Had a lovely room and the pool area was gorgeous. Even had four poster style beds by the pool. Enjoy

Pusspuss1 Tue 04-Nov-14 14:14:44

We loved Riad Zayane - I read about it on Tripadvisor. Gorgeous place, bags of real Moroccan character, and even better, cheap as chips! Can't wait to go again.

ShmackAttack Tue 04-Nov-14 14:22:33

We stayed at the Jardine De La Medina, a fab riad a 5 minute walk from the square with huge gardens and a decent size pool for Marrakech

Ruthiebabes Tue 04-Nov-14 14:55:57

A friend stayed at Riad Due and loved it.

lk26 Tue 04-Nov-14 14:57:27

If I went again would definately stay at a riad. We had a guided tour of the medina and some of the riads looked amazing. And you immerse yourself in real Moroccan culture.

katandkits Tue 04-Nov-14 15:00:12

I agree, definitely go for a road in the medina.

katandkits Tue 04-Nov-14 15:00:46

Riad even, silly autocorrect

Johnogroats Wed 05-Nov-14 10:53:35

Thanks everyone. Some food for thought!

sailorsgal Thu 27-Nov-14 23:08:24

we recently stayed at riad massarah. Really lovely.

silversixpence Wed 03-Dec-14 07:26:24

We have just booked Ryad Dyor on an excellent expedia deal, really looking forward to it! I also liked the look of Riad Ilayka but it was a bit more than I wanted to spend.

outtolunchagain Wed 03-Dec-14 07:30:21

We just stayed at Riad Kniza , it was amazing , the service was lovely and it was like an oasis in the madness of Marrakech . We had a fabulous time , if you fancy a trip into the new town we are at the Azar one night which I can recommend .

outtolunchagain Wed 03-Dec-14 07:32:32

Sorry ate at the Azar , the food in the Riad was also fab , in fact all the food was wonderful . Recommend a trip to the Madressa which was spectacular and wear sensible shoes we walked miles !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now