Talk

Advanced search

Nice all inclusive in Greece/Balearics/canaries? Recommendations?

(14 Posts)
mrsmilesmatheson Sun 02-Nov-14 12:40:39

I've succeeded in getting dh agree to go abroad summer 2015.

We are 2 adults and 1 nine year old girl.

I'm looking at either Greek Island or canaries or maybe Balearics.

We want something all inclusive and with enough to keep dd happy but without it being a huge busy resort. She likes swimming and playing on the beach, quite easily pleased.

But most importantly, I'd like somewhere naice, and with naice comfortable accommodation perhaps with a little children's nook or sliding doors/separate bedrooms.

Our budget is about £2500 for a week. Any suggestions of somewhere nice would be gratefully received. smile

Notbythehaironmychinnychinchin Sun 02-Nov-14 12:42:30

Es Cana in Ibiza is lovely. We went to an all inclusive last year which was great - with jet2. I think it was an azuline hotel.

mrsmilesmatheson Mon 03-Nov-14 19:39:32

Thank You for the recommendation smile am looking, there is too much choice!

OftheTwilighttheDarkness Mon 03-Nov-14 19:44:46

I like Playa Blanca in Lanzarote. The Papagayo beach end is nicer (hotels all have courtesy buses to the resort centre. There are a quite a few nice hotels right on the sea front.

OftheTwilighttheDarkness Mon 03-Nov-14 19:46:09

The beaches at Playa Blanca are not that great ( I don't do sand)

mrsmilesmatheson Mon 03-Nov-14 19:53:45

I fancy Greece I think, we've been to Zante before having dd. dd has spotted the caretta beach hotel with water park in kalimaki, wonder if it might be a bit busy?

friendlymum67 Tue 04-Nov-14 08:54:43

I've been to Caretta beach (August 2013) Went with 2 dc and my mum. I thought it was ok, tho my mum and DS weren't impressed confused The water park is very nice and your DD would probably love it but it does get very busy and you generally have to queue to get in in the morning. Wave pool and lazy river were great!

Food was ok, but we have had better and more choice at other places. It's quite a hike to the beach as well. Room was ok, we had a split level type, big negative was the bathroom as no curtain over the bath/shower so water everywhere, no matter how careful we were!

Feel free to ask me any questions. Everybody is different, so what suits some, doesn't others, so if I can help in any way, ask away! smile

mrsmilesmatheson Tue 04-Nov-14 20:14:59

Thanks for the info friendly mum. We'd be going in August too so we were expecting it to be busy. Why didn't your mum and ds like it?

friendlymum67 Tue 04-Nov-14 22:03:01

My mum is fussy grin and my DS is a typical teenager!! Joking aside, I think my mum felt it was overpriced ....

mrsmilesmatheson Wed 05-Nov-14 19:37:17

Thanks for the info. Dd and dh persuaded me and we have booked to go - fingers crossed! Haven't been abroad properly other than staying with family for years!

friendlymum67 Wed 05-Nov-14 20:50:18

Good for you! I'm sure you'll have a lovely time, I think in our case we had been 'very spoilt' the year before when we stayed in a 5* hotel in Turkey and it obviously drew comparisons ....

Do recommend a boat trip to see the Caretta turtles if you can and there's a land train trip into Zante town in the evening which we enjoyed.

sleepdodger Wed 05-Nov-14 23:00:41

Holiday village Rhodes

GreenShadow Sat 08-Nov-14 18:38:20

Oooh, friendlymum - we were also at the Caretta Beach (at the end of) August 2013.

I would agree with just about everything you say including previously being spoilt by Turkish 4*s

We loved the waterpark and spent hours there every day. Our boys are older (14 and 18) and there was plenty to amuse them. Although it looked fairly busy, you rarely had to queue long to go on a slide.

Our main complaint was really that it was not a 4* hotel as it claims. Our accommodation was very basic (also without a shower curtain though we complained and they put one up) but from reading other reviews I get the impression that rooms vary a lot. Read my TripAdvisor review for more info (under the same name as I use on MN). Despite the room we had a great holiday though, so I'm sure you'll have a lovely time too.

I'm also happy to answer any questions you may have about it.

sergeantmajor Tue 11-Nov-14 14:23:21

We're considering this place in Greece which has the option for all inclusive: Ikos Olivia. I'm liking the look of it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now