Talk

Advanced search

Gran Canaria - where to stay?

(5 Posts)
Annietheacrobat Fri 31-Oct-14 07:59:44

Just booked some cheap flights to Gran Canaria for week after next. Now I need to sort out where to stay.

Will be travelling with 2 DDs (4 and 1) and so would like to stay in a 'child friendly' resort with a decent beach. Ideally not tacky but must have a few restaurants and bars within walking distance - we don't want to be somewhere too isolated.

Any recommendations gladly received.

Annietheacrobat Fri 31-Oct-14 08:10:16

From my research so far it would seem Puerto Rico, Puerto Del Mogan and Maspalomas might be the best contenders so any opinions on these would be great.

thereinmadnesslies Fri 31-Oct-14 08:46:05

We stayed in Puerto Rico last summer. There is actually two linked beaches, Puerto Rico and Amadores. Both have beaches with hotels and restaurants rising up the hill from the beach. We stayed in Puerto Rico but I preferred the beach at Amadores. It's possible to walk between the two as there is a coast pathway. Be aware that it's very hilly - we spent a lot of time carrying our 5 yr old up the hill back to the hotel.

Bowlersarm Fri 31-Oct-14 09:29:24

Second Amadores and particularly it's beach. I'll PM you OP.

Annietheacrobat Fri 31-Oct-14 17:26:49

Thank you both for taking the time to reply. Really helpful. Getting quite excited now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now