Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Club Med/Mark Warner/Neilsons

(6 Posts)
Truelymadlysleepy Mon 27-Oct-14 12:59:14

I've ruled these out in the past due to the horrific prices in the summer holidays. We've done luxury long haul for much cheaper.
My DS's finish exams in June so it will be cheaper if we go then.
We all love tennis, DS1 like wake boarding, DS2 like sailing, DH likes wind surfing & I like lying on a lounger with my kindle having a go.
What are the pros & cons to such a holiday?

Heels99 Tue 28-Oct-14 09:02:45

Have done neilsons a few times.
Pros, lots to do but you can join in as much or as little as you want, kindle reading is fine! Very friendly, good food. Good equipment and great tuition.
Cons, accommodation is on the basic side, some resorts don't have much in the area to do, none of them have good beaches.

Heels99 Tue 28-Oct-14 09:03:22

If you like tennis choose a resort with several courts not just one.

GreenShadow Tue 28-Oct-14 15:28:39

Watching with interest as we are in the same situation as you Truely. DS3 is doing GCSEs in May/June so, for the first time in about 17 years will be bale to holiday outside normal school hols.

Next year will probably be the first time we just have one child with us, so going somewhere with activities to help amuse him is appealing.

Yogamuminahottent Wed 05-Nov-14 21:16:28

DS1 will struggle if you go for a resort that suits DS2 & DH and vice versa so would choose a resort according to which one will be the most miserable if they don't get to do their thing to their level! Can help further on that if you need info and the Neilson staff are excellent at recommending. Some resorts are also better than other for teens. Tennis at all the Neilson resorts - usually very popular. We've really enjoyed Neilsons for the last 4 years but taking a break and will revisit in a few years. Would seriously consider 2 weeks as 1 isn't always enough time to get into the activities and have a rest!

mummymeister Thu 06-Nov-14 20:13:40

This sounds like my family! We have booked a week at Vassiliki with Ocean Elements. perfect place for teens apparently lots of sailing windsurfing, SUP, cycling the lot. £1000 a person roughly in the school summer hols cheaper outside. they have a quiz night, race night, fancy dress etc. bit like an upmarket PGL but not as up as Mark Warner nor as expensive.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now