Talk

Advanced search

Copenhagen in March

(4 Posts)
emanresU Sun 12-Oct-14 09:44:08

Posted earlier re March city breaks and Copenhagen came up - I've never really thought about this part of the world before and am now feeling drawn to it

Could anyone recommend a good 5* hotel and some places that would entertain 2 adults and a 10 year old please?

vjg13 Mon 13-Oct-14 20:14:33

Have stayed at the Hotel D'Angleterre and it was excellent. Great location near shopping area and quite handy for canal and bars.

Tivoli Gardens is great for kids and looks very pretty at dusk when the lights come on. Not sure if it's open in March though. Massive lego store too.

profpoopsnagle Sat 08-Nov-14 20:25:07

Can't help with hotels as we camp. Also, I would check what is open in March- if you can go late March or April I think you will find a lot more open (as well as the chance of better weather).

What do you like to do? Are you happy to get PT out to near places? One of these copenhagen cards www.copenhagencard.com/?ld=0¤cy=eur could be useful, or give you advice on what to do but see that you may just miss out on the child included with adult offer. If you do get a card, I would recommend staggering it over more days, we got 3 day cards but validated them at 2pm. That meant on day '4' we could get into somewhere in the morning.

My favs
*canal tour
*Sagnlandet Lejre (may find transport difficult without own car)
*Danish design museum
*Vor Frelsers Kirkes tårn
*Frederiksborg slot and ferry
*Tivoli
*National museum
*the zoo

But some of my list is based on catering for younger kids (less than age 7).

chutneypig Sat 08-Nov-14 20:33:04

I usually stay at the Scandic hotel, the central one near Tivoli. Very good. I've also stayed at the Admiral (more on the waterfront) and the Tivoli hotel, both very good too. I've only been for work so I'm not sure about the tourist side, although I've been told the Tivoli experience is well worth it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now