Talk

Advanced search

Holiday in November?

(8 Posts)
KenAdams Fri 03-Oct-14 15:12:28

We want to go abroad next month. Am I right in thinking its only really the Canaries that's hot (don't really fancy Egypt)?

If so, can you recommend hotels? I'd love a white sandy beach but I understand they are a rarity.

What would the winds be like?

It's for 2 adults and a 2 year old. Budget is £500pp max for all inclusive, less if HB.

TIA

Hersetta427 Fri 03-Oct-14 16:34:20

I'm not sure I would describe the canaries as hot in November - more likely to be around 20 degrees. Have you thought about Cape Verde - they have year round temps of 29 degrees. - flight time similar to Egypt - you jst fly in the opposite direction!

specialsubject Sat 04-Oct-14 13:55:21

Canaries are volcanic so natural beaches are black, the golden bits are import from that handy desert. White sand is the Caribbean. Doesn't really matter.

temperatures in November are great for beach without getting too hot and also allow you to do stuff.

KenAdams Sat 04-Oct-14 17:16:38

Cape Verde is out of our budget unfortunately.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for around 22 degrees.

secretsquirrels Thu 09-Oct-14 18:13:50

Fuertaventura has spectacular white sandy beaches and is very windy.

LapinDeBois Mon 03-Nov-14 07:37:56

How about Madeira? Similar temp to Canaries. V different place, though. Lots of pretty walking, places to visit, but def not an 'activity' destination. Loads of coast but short on beaches (though IIRC there's an offshore island with beaches).

PeppermintInfusion Tue 04-Nov-14 11:14:01

Have you looked at Malta?

It's meant to still be quite warm at this time of year, think it's comparable to canaries temps. (I went early spring).

Despite being in the euro it was reasonably cheap, they have some great package deals and also Easyjet fly there. I went with an easyjet package iirc.

Easy to get around and think it would be great with a child too.

bagofsnakes Tue 04-Nov-14 11:54:14

Second the suggestion of looking at Malta. We were there in May half-term and the weather was really nice and warm. We stayed in a villa with extended family which divided between us was actually the most reasonable accommodation. Will probably be in the low 20s now but tends to stay dry all year. In our party we had our son, almost 2, and my nephew who was just 3, they both had a great time; it's a very child friendly culture and public transport is pretty amazing too. The food was perfect, just enough interesting/different options for the adults, good old Italian staples as back-up for the children.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now