Talk

Advanced search

Holiday to suit all

(11 Posts)
MrsDux Mon 15-Sep-14 12:14:47

My mum wants to take me and my brother and our respective families on holiday next year but we're finding it difficult to find somewhere to suit everyone's needs

There will be:
My mum and her husband (late 60s, not really sitting on the beach/round pool all day kind of people)
Me, H and our 2 kids (5 & 8, normally go all inclusive with kids club)
My brother and his wife (no kids in early 30s)

It will be in the May half term and ideally we're looking for somewhere warm (we all went to Slovenia 5 years ago which was lovely but it rained a lot)

Can anyone suggest somewhere that will suit everyone (no specific budget but not too long a flight)?

HettyD Mon 15-Sep-14 19:19:24

How about a cruise??

PeppermintInfusion Mon 15-Sep-14 20:07:18

Malta? I found I was able to do a mix of sunbathing/relaxing and visiting the towns was like a city break too, so it felt like the best of both worlds. It's small too so you can see a lot relatively easily. It's one of the cheapest euro places I've been to and it was a decent temperature when I went in May (a couple of years ago).

jolufc Mon 15-Sep-14 21:12:38

I would second a cruise. Highly recommend disney.

foxdongle Tue 16-Sep-14 13:37:02

Third vote for cruise. There were lots of multi-generational families on the ones we have been on, probably because there is lots to do to suit everyone.

ChickenFajitaAndNachos Tue 16-Sep-14 14:50:15

4th vote for a cruise.

MrsDux Tue 07-Oct-14 11:20:28

Sorry, I've only just seen these replies. I would love to do a cruise (we are regular cruisers) but my SIL ism't keen as she gets badly seasick.

Will have a look at Malta although my mum has been a few times.

I usually love planning holidaysbut this is annoying me sad

sergeantmajor Mon 20-Oct-14 13:21:34

We went to Puglia a couple of years ago and even though it was mostly a beach holiday, there are lots of cute little towns to visit, so a bit of cultural interest too. This is probably true of much of Italy now I think of it, but with Puglia being in the south, it is a good bet for May. Borgo Egnazia is a brilliant hotel there with a kids club and lots to do (upper end price-wise).

Yogamuminahottent Wed 05-Nov-14 21:18:52

are you all active? what about a Mark Warner or Neilson type holiday?

bagofsnakes Thu 06-Nov-14 20:48:56

Another vote for Malta, it's so family friendly and even though your mum has been before, sure there is still plenty for her to do. My parents go every other year for an extended trip and they're always finding new sights/cultural activities.

bagofsnakes Thu 06-Nov-14 20:51:12

Oh and you are pretty much guaranteed dry weather in May, temps in the low/mid 20s. We spent this last May half-term there with extended family - me, DH, DS, my parents, my sister and her son - and everyone had a great time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now