Talk

Advanced search

Does this holiday still exist for a parent?

(12 Posts)
MrsBucket2013 Wed 30-Jul-14 13:41:17

Hi everyone, I'm looking for a nice 5 star family all inclusive resort in Europe with a choice of restaurants, by the beach and where we can get a sunbed or two without the normal beach towel warriors taking them all in the early hours! We used to go to beautiful hotels adults only and enjoyed fine dining but I'm actually thinking these places don't exist for families! Any ideas or recommendations? Thanks smile

preggersbycheggers Mon 04-Aug-14 06:08:04

A friend went on a Thomson Sensatori holiday and said it was fantastic.

Or how about Mark Warner?

Heels99 Mon 04-Aug-14 08:28:39

Elounda hotels in Greece, sani hotels, forte village. Not done any of them myself. For price of these you can go five star long haul!

RonaldMcDonald Tue 05-Aug-14 01:20:38

Porto sani halkidiki tres naice

budgiegirl Tue 05-Aug-14 06:56:59

We are a family of 5 currently in Turkey. There is a massive choice of 5 star family orientated hotels here. The one we are staying in has a choice of 6 restaurants ( 2 buffet, 4 alacarte). Huge pool with kids area, attached aquapark, it's busy but there's no problem finding a sun lounger. There's a lovely spa, and an amazing kids club, complete with softplay, park, and it's own kids buffet area.
Lovely drinks, mostly branded, and a big selection if cocktails.
Our room is lovely , beautifully finished, lovely bathroom with rainfall shower and jacuzzi bath.
There are some new rooms that are not quite ready yet that have their own pool, they look fab if you like it a little quieter than the main pool, but still want the facilities of a family hotel.

Rosa Tue 05-Aug-14 07:15:46

Forte village - Sardinia , Chia has also got good reviews but not been / seen might not fit all your criteria

summerlovingliz Wed 06-Aug-14 19:21:03

Sensatori is fantastic! We went to the one in Tenerife, really lovely and v child friendly smile

summerlovingliz Wed 06-Aug-14 19:22:02

Budgie girl what's your hotel called? Sounds lovely!

budgiegirl Thu 07-Aug-14 06:42:32

It's the Gural Premier in Belek. They've done massive renovations over the winter, including a new swimming pool, bars and restaurants, so it all feels brand new. I'd definitely recommend it. The only downside for some people is that there are not many Brits. It's mainly Germans, Russians and Turks, but I prefer that. Our children have still made a couple of friends to play with.

PotteryLottery Mon 12-Jan-15 15:33:58

Does anyone have any other recommendations along these lines I.e on beach, AI with choice of restaurants and good for children?

MelanieWiggles Wed 14-Jan-15 15:58:07

Not all inclusive (although there may be some deals which give you the same thing in effect), but Pine Cliffs in Portugal ticks all the other boxes.

TerrysNo3 Fri 16-Jan-15 23:03:56

I've just booked the Ikos Oceania in Greece for exactly this type of summer holiday. Google it! smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: