Talk

Advanced search

Greek island hopping

(9 Posts)
BigPawsBrown Thu 13-Mar-14 13:56:08

Hi, hoping to get some advice. We want to go Greek island hopping in the first week of June, two adults. We have found a package deal which costs £600 each (flight to Santorini, three nights in hotel (B&B) there, ferry to Mykonos, four nights B&B there, flight home) but the hotels are a bit shabby.

We thought we might be able to book the component parts ourselves but even flights to Santorini/Mykonos would be £800 in total shock

Any tips? Any lesser known deals out there? We'd be happy to stay in Santorini for a week and organise our own day trips.

NigellasDealer Thu 13-Mar-14 13:58:02

why dont you fly to Athens with eg Easyjet or similar and take the ferry yourself to Santorini//mykonos//naxos/paros

BigPawsBrown Thu 13-Mar-14 14:04:03

Hm not sure I want to add a ferry journey on the end of the flight (we will already have to travel three hours to an airport this end) and also a bit concerned at the idea of coming home - whether we make our flight would be dependent on a ferry being on time!

BigPawsBrown Thu 13-Mar-14 14:04:55

Also it's a 6 hour ferry and only goes once every twelve hours.

NigellasDealer Thu 13-Mar-14 14:05:06

the ferries are run like clockwork , so do not worry about that.
what about one night in Athens then? then take a ferry in the morning?

whattodoforthebest2 Thu 13-Mar-14 14:14:52

I agree with Nigella, def cheaper to book a flight into Athens (or one of the larger islands) and island-hop from there. The dolphins (hydrofoils) are faster and then you can pick and choose your islands, hotels etc. Skyscanner is good for cheap flights.

NigellasDealer Thu 13-Mar-14 14:16:52

hmm i just looked at skyscanner for you but the cheapest flight is via the Ukraine...odd.

NigellasDealer Thu 13-Mar-14 14:19:54

easyjet has some reasonable prices

BigPawsBrown Thu 13-Mar-14 14:33:50

We'd like to go from Birmingham really, but even with easy jet it would be £300 each return.

Have looked and Thomson have package deals for £400 for hotel and flights but only fly on tuesdays which would be a bit awkward for work.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now