Talk

Advanced search

center parcs - cheaper in europe than UK?

(5 Posts)
energyfirst Tue 11-Mar-14 13:26:54

considering going in April. UK is very expensive £800 for 4 days. will Europe parcs be cheaper? Holalnd/ France?Belgium?

droopytulip Tue 11-Mar-14 13:30:24

Yes in short although you have to filter in your travel/ferry costs. We are going to a park in Holland and total price is cheaper than UK plus we are having an extra couple of nights with the overnight ferry.

Their european website will give you an instant price.

AryaUnderfoot Tue 11-Mar-14 20:55:20

We went to de Vossemeren in February half term (Belgium), and had a fantastic time. It was half the cost of UK, and only took 3 hours to get there from the Shuttle (which was 150 quid return).

You have to take account of the fact that the basic price on the website doesn't include local taxes, but there are some things that were included in the price (such as being able to choose the lodge location).

The park was fantastic, and was much quieter than a CP in the UK. The lodges are a bit more basic, and don't have an oven or grill. It is definitely worth doing.

The staff at de Vossemeren spoke fantastic English. Eating out in most of the cafes wsa considerably less expensive, as were the activities.

We are looking to go again at May half term next year.

My TA review is here:

www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g641789-d643746-r195899488-Center_Parcs_de_Vossemeren-Lommel_Limburg_Province.html

glucose Tue 11-Mar-14 21:01:50

The Dutch CP are not like UK ones...didn't like them at all...but I like the very constructed timetable of activities, and facilities of CP...if you are a little more laid back they might suit. Holland its self is really lovely..well worth visiting, and not just to do the whole Amsterdam thing

AryaUnderfoot Wed 12-Mar-14 08:01:03

energyfirst I saw from your other post that you were considering CP or Butlins. We stayed at Butlins at Christmas and it was nowhere near as nice as CP in Belgium. I wouldn't go back to Butlins, but I would go back to CP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now