Talk

Advanced search

internet access in coastal southern Spain

(4 Posts)
littlepurplealien Sat 08-Mar-14 13:12:07

Have persuaded Dh to take a Spanish villa type holiday this year instead of posh hotels that he usually prefers, as I feel it would be more relaxing to have a pool to ourselves and eat when we want to etc. etc.

He has put a huge spanner in the works however and insists I can only consider villas with wifi (he really needs to have unrestricted internet access 24/7 in respect of his work, we're not talking mere mobile 'phone access as this has been inadequate for him on previous occasions).

I've sourced 3 possible villas that meet our other requirements and none of them have wifi. Apparently you can get a plug in "usb" thingy (Yes, I'm a technophobe) that would get round this problem by providing our own internet access but we'd need to be sure it worked in the region we're going to.

Has anyone done this successfully ?

3catsandcounting Sat 08-Mar-14 22:52:10

I'm watching with interest OP, as I'm in a similar position for our Italian holiday and have asked the same question on here. Much as try to understand wifi, data usage, mega and giga bloody bytes, I'm still clueless. DH and DD understand and just raise eyes and tut at me. I think we need a 'mifi' unit (small pocket-sized thingy) which creates your very own wifi hotspot - available to rent at airports, etc. Try googling 'TEP wireless' or just 'MiFi' and see if you can fathom any more than I can!! Good luck - report back!

fussychica Wed 12-Mar-14 09:34:26

Bumping for personal interest.

SooticaTheWitchesCat Wed 12-Mar-14 10:43:30

There are plenty of villas that do have wifi, the one we went to last year did. I would just keep looking.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now