Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone please tell me what the weather in North Tenerife (Garachico) is likely to be like at Easter?

(9 Posts)
notyummy Thu 06-Mar-14 09:27:07

Travelling with Ryanair who charge huge amounts for bags so one bag between three of us. Trying to work out what I should pack. The weather stuff I can find seems to vary wildly. Obviously I will ensure I have at least one jumper/cardigan for us all, and we will wear light coats to travel in, but if there is anyone who has been to the north of the island at that time of year and can tell me what it was like then I would be grateful.

FreakinScaryCaaw Thu 06-Mar-14 09:29:04

Here. Looks a bit cool to me?

notyummy Thu 06-Mar-14 10:09:40

Thanks! My problem is that read proper weather forecasts (that apparently are taken at the north airport) which don't look that warm- and then I read other websites/blogs that say 'don't believe the forecast/weather readings- theres a microclimate here and it feels lovely'...which is why I hoped that some people who have been to the north of the island during April could give me a steer too.

FreakinScaryCaaw Thu 06-Mar-14 10:22:11

They will do. I've been to the north in Feb and it was nice then. That was years ago 24.

girlywhirly Thu 06-Mar-14 13:31:31

North Tenerife is cooler than the south.

OnIlkleyMoorBahTwat Thu 06-Mar-14 15:42:16

Wear as many clothes as you can for the flight (coat/jumper, jeans, heaviest shoes). You will then be able to use them while you are away as well.

yourlittlesecret Thu 06-Mar-14 18:20:53

You should expect warm sunshine during the day, t shirt weather. Cool in the evenings though and I would take long trousers / jumpers for evenings.
Pools will be arctic unless heated.

notyummy Thu 06-Mar-14 21:32:53

Thanks all

princessalbert Fri 07-Mar-14 17:54:04

We went to Puerto de La Cruz last year at the end of March. The weather was fabulous.

I hadn't spent much time in the North of the island before - but had been many times ot the more southerly resorts.

It was pretty hot actually - just one slightly cloudy/cooler day on the last day. But it was the same when we drove back down to the airport in the south.

Easter is a couple of weeks later - so I think you will be fine.

You may want a light cardigan or something a little heavier for the evenings if you are sitting out.

Have a great time. Garachico is pretty. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now