Talk

Advanced search

Plus size Disneyland Paris

(14 Posts)
2girls2holidays Mon 03-Mar-14 21:29:12

Going to Disneyland as a family of 4 with 6y and 22 months but my oh has always gone on rides but now we have baby number 2 I'm fearing the rides at Disney due to my size!! Having gone back to work I have become less active I've been piling on the pounds!! Anyone tell me if they are plus size (22 stone up) & been on rides as in the nemo ride the dumbo the rocket ride any of the roller coaster rides?? I was fine on tea cups it's a small world the elevator drop (non of which use lap belts) but worrying this year as I don't want kids to loose out! Sorry for big post! X

magentastardust Mon 03-Mar-14 23:43:59

I'm not sure but there are friendly Disneyland Paris forums that should be able to help you are already answer the question for you.
Look for disboards or dlprmagic -they should be able to help.

magentastardust Mon 03-Mar-14 23:46:36

www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g2079053-i21935-k4872549-Ride_Sizes_for_bigger_folk-Disneyland_Paris_Seine_et_Marne_Ile_de_France.html

2girls2holidays Tue 04-Mar-14 20:04:58

Thank you that was very helpfull!! I did google but couldnt find anything! Still very new to this x

HermioneWeasley Tue 04-Mar-14 20:10:13

Will your kids really want to be doing roller coasters at that age?

badasahatter Tue 04-Mar-14 20:12:10

Have you tried the DIBB boards? They generally cover Disney USA but they also have some sections for Disney Land Paris.

badasahatter Tue 04-Mar-14 20:13:12

Have you tried the DIBB boards? They generally cover Disney USA but they also have some sections for Disney Land Paris.

badasahatter Tue 04-Mar-14 20:13:35

Sorry...I got distracted by the tv and posted twice!

HerGraciousMajTheBeardedPotato Tue 04-Mar-14 20:20:09

I was a size 22 at Disneyland Paris, and did not have any problems fitting into any of the rides. Not did I get the feeling that I would have had problems had I been bigger. Sometimes the bar pressed against my tummy, but it was -9C and I was wearing a lot of bulky clothes.

The Orbitron (? Rockets going round like the magic carpets/dumbo rides) and the driving ones (Cars one and the big driving around a landscape one) were tricky to get into and out of, because quite low and legs stretched out forwards.

Disclaimer: I did not do any of the more 'exciting' rides.

2girls2holidays Wed 05-Mar-14 05:54:36

My 6 year old will go on everything she is able too she is a real thrill seeker and is desperate to go on the racer ride and the roller coaster ride in Disney studios! I have been to Disney 4 times even as a size 20 but was still too scared to ride in fear of not fitting!!!! As my eldest will be dragging my oh on everything I fear having to wait around slot if we don't go on and her missing out! Obviously she will be limited to what she can go on anyway but having 2 kids I wanted to swap about!! Recently lost 2 stone 2lb but in a bad place at the mo and can't diet when I'm low so hoping to regain some strength to loose more before June!! I didn't know what dd dash or what ever means I'm sorry can you please explain? X

2girls2holidays Wed 05-Mar-14 06:03:34

Dibb boards?? I don't know what that means sorry x

BeaWheesht Wed 05-Mar-14 06:11:27

If you go on the trip advisor forums for Marne me valee you can ask questions about this and there are a lot of people to help.

Fwiw I went last year and am big. I went on buzz laser blast, the dumbo train one and some others which I've forgotten. Sometimes the turnstiles are a bit of a squeeze but ok.

Try not to worry too much and just enjoy the experience.

BeaWheesht Wed 05-Mar-14 06:12:42

Trip advisor forum -

www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g2079053-i21935-Disneyland_Paris_Seine_et_Marne_Ile_de_France.html

2girls2holidays Wed 05-Mar-14 07:21:46

Thank you found lots! X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now