Talk

Advanced search

Hotel recommendations - Brussels

(5 Posts)
tribpot Sat 01-Mar-14 14:15:33

Planning a 2 night trip to Brussels with my ds (aged 8). I'm looking at the Easter hols (which are second and third week of April here). I know that weekends are much cheaper for Brussels hotels than week days (although the Eurostar is the exact opposite). Plan is to see the TinTin museum (I know that's not the actual name smile ) and the Lego exhibition.

Any recommendations on hotels? I've been scouring Trip Advisor but it's daunting without knowing any of the areas.

PortofinoRevisited Sun 02-Mar-14 12:09:16

I would go for the Ibis or Novotel just by the Grand place. Website for both. It a couple of minutes walk from Central Station, and 5 mins from Grand Place - and close the the Comic Strip Museum. I live in Brussels so feel free to ask away! The Lego exhibition is fabulous.

HermioneWeasley Sun 02-Mar-14 12:13:00

Portofino, what is there in Brussels for younger kids 7 and 4?

tribpot Sun 02-Mar-14 13:01:39

Thank you, Porto. Checking those out now.

PortofinoRevisited Mon 03-Mar-14 10:08:11

Comic Strip Museum Dd is having her birthday party there this year grin

Comic strip trail where cartoons are painted on the side of buildings - you can print off a map.

Science museum with great dinosaur collection]] At the bottom of the hill is the Place Jourdan which is home to Brussels most famous Friterie Maison Antoine You can buy chips and go and sit in/outside one of a few bars in the square.

You can take the tram/metro to Heysel to see the Atomium More impressive from the outside than the inside imho. Right next door is Bruparck which has loads of restaurants and cafes, a carousel and a small playground. Here there is also a multiscreen cinema, the Oceade pool complex and MiniEurope which is a model village of famous buildings.

There is a good playground in the Parc Royale. My dd really likes the Musical Instrument Museum I like the cafe on the roof - really good views. And the Treasure Hunt at the Bel Vue museum.

And kids eat for free at Chez Leon in the Rue de Bouchers - a picturesque little street filled with seafood restaurants. Interesting to have a look at the shellfish displays.

Then of course there is the Grand Place and the Mannequin Pis, who is dressed up some days.

Um, well a few ideas....grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now