Talk

Advanced search

Amsterdam

(4 Posts)
TheFutureSupremeRulersMum Wed 05-Feb-14 12:18:33

We're going to Amsterdam for 5 days in April to see the tulips. We'll have our toddler with us and we'll be driving across.

Would you stay in a houseboat with on street parking nearby, a studio with harbour view and parking or a hotel with swimming pool and on site parking?

I'm really tempted by the houseboat but I think it might be a bit cramped for a very active toddler and the on street parking puts me off. The studio looks really nice but I'm not sure if we can rent it for a part week or if we have to pay for the whole week. A hotel with swimming pool would be nice as we could take our toddler swimming which she enjoys but it's more expensive and I think you get less of a feel for the place.

lljkk Thu 06-Feb-14 08:06:41

Studio, I think, don't think I could handle the potential problems of houseboat and hotel just sounds so sterile. There are tonnes of B+Bs too with nice views.

PortofinoRevisited Thu 06-Feb-14 08:58:02

I would not stay on a houseboat with a toddler - and street parking in Amsterdam is not cheap! I would definitely go for something with parking included.

TheFutureSupremeRulersMum Thu 06-Feb-14 13:31:14

Thanks both. I think you've confirmed what I was thinking which is to go with the studio flat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now