Talk

Advanced search

April \ Easter holodays

(10 Posts)
paneer Wed 22-Jan-14 22:24:01

would it be warmer in the canaries or turkey?

somewhere else that won't break the bank?

Jackthebodiless Wed 22-Jan-14 23:03:06

Weather in Canaries should be good at Easter. Don't know about Turkey as I haven't been. We did a lot of research on this this year and Lanzarote came out the cheapest. We did Cyprus a few Easters ago and the weather was horrendous.

Creamycoolerwithcream Thu 23-Jan-14 09:51:36

I wouldn't risk Turkey for a beach/pool type holiday. have you checked out Morroco and Tunisia weather and prices? we went to Egypt a few Easters ago and the weather was really good.

paneer Thu 23-Jan-14 10:52:19

Went to Agadir last Easter so would rather go somewhere else. Although it was very warm.

Tunisia and Egypt has never really appealed to me, although I might look into it.

Will check Lanzarote too.

thanks

givemeaclue Thu 23-Jan-14 15:24:26

Season in turkey doesn't generally start till May although there may be exceptions

diabolo Thu 23-Jan-14 15:32:15

I went to Tunisia in April several years ago, my advice to you would be don't. The weather was poor, most of the hotel facilities were not up and running. We celebrated arriving back at home. (My own fault for booking a cheap 3* that was more like a 1*).

I have also done Cyprus and Tenerife in April - weather was better, but not 100% and Tenerife/Canary Islands in general are certainly more of an "all year round" place, so everything is open.

paneer Thu 23-Jan-14 16:27:14

ooh. thanks. will avoid Turkey.

carmen66 Mon 03-Feb-14 13:23:08

We usually go away end of May, however lo is at school now so we have to plan an Easter break... Is Tenerife pretty much weather guaranteed ? I'll be watching this thread but we need to book soon smile

princessalbert Tue 04-Feb-14 20:55:44

Easter will be good weather in the Canaries. Me and DH went too Tenerife last year, end of March - it was glorious.

Weather may be good in Turkey - but the resorts won't be up and running just then I wouldn't have thought.

If you do choose the Canaries, then start looking quickly. It was Easter when we went, and availability was limited for what we wanted.

SooticaTheWitchesCat Thu 06-Feb-14 11:29:57

The season in Turkey is May to October so before that you will find a lot of resorts are not up and running. The weather is usually nice enough in the day but it can be quite chilly at night and both sea and swimming pools will be freezing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now