Talk

Advanced search

Package trip and children's prices...

(8 Posts)
BlingLoving Tue 28-May-13 16:15:04

I am thinking of booking us a last minute family holiday somewhere sunny for a week. As it would be short notice, I want something more or less inclusive so I don't have to worry about co-ordinating flights/car hire/airport transfers/accomodation/meals etc. DS is 2 and when I look online it seems we would pay full adult price for him, even though he'd be in our room? Is that normal?

Callofthefishwife Tue 28-May-13 16:21:16

Depends on the room/apartment etc.

This is one of my bug bears tbh.

Most hotel rooms/apartments are based on 4 adults sharing even though 2 of them would have to sleep on a sofa bed.

My DC are older (12 and 14) and this still annoys me but I would be mightily pissed off with a 2yo.

I know to get free child places (what a con) you need to book ages in advance and then the adult price is £200 dearer than the adult price without a free child place. Kids prices can be crap - such as only £50 off.

Are you looking at self catering or hotels with meals such a hb or ai??

Where have you been looking? And what companies??

BlingLoving Tue 28-May-13 16:28:59

I'm leaning towards all inclusive on basis that it's easiest at short notice. Looked at Thomson and First Choice so far.

Callofthefishwife Tue 28-May-13 16:29:46

Have just had a play on Thomson Holidays website.

Obviously have no idea where you want to go, fly from and dates but just put in

2 adults
1 child aged 2
from Any London to Balearic Islands
Dummy date of 25/6/13 for 7 nights

And its come up with from London Luton to Ibiza, Sa Tanca Apartments in Cala llonga with a free child place for £834 for the 3 of you self catering.

So there are some out there. Not sure if you will be so lucky of you go AI or HB.

I have 20 mins or so now. What dates, airport etc you looking at?? Will have a look

Callofthefishwife Tue 28-May-13 16:33:23

Found a All Incl with Thomson to Ibiza at Fiests Club palm beach with a free child place on 25/6 from stanstead for £1200

BlingLoving Tue 28-May-13 16:36:59

I think Spain would be my first choice - because I love spain. But not too fussy. Prefer Gatwick or Heathrow. Luton/Stanstead quite inconvenient.

Thanks for help. Will try playing once I know if we can go and what dates. Probably early June. So might check out last minute options?

Callofthefishwife Tue 28-May-13 16:37:12

£1106 - Costa Dorada from Luton - All Incl with Free Child Place at Calypso Hotel salou

Callofthefishwife Tue 28-May-13 16:41:32

I have been looking at getting a deal for later this month and to be honest I am getting better results by not looking through the late deals.

Just do a basic search and spend time being more specific with locations. I get better results if I put in Majorca over Balearic Islands. However I am more vague with flights - put in London and then when the result come up - scroll down through the other London flights to see what days are cheaper. The same flight a day later or earlier can be a £100 cheaper - usually night flights.

Just a heads up that for some reason Costa Dorada usually comes up cheaper than other parts of mainland Spain. Tenerife usually a bit cheaper than the other Canaries - not always but quite often.

Happy hunting.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now